“Clumsy Waitress”

Sydney
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Clumsy Waitress”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Just had a whole drink spilt all over me at the beginning of our night out. I was soaked all down my front and in my lap. The wine then ran off the table all over my brand new leather handbag. Accidents can happen, but the waitress gave me an "oh sorry" and nothing else. No offer of napkins to dry myself off, no help to pick up our birthday gifts on the sopping table, nothing. We moved ourselves to another table. No offer of a complementary drink or dessert, no apology from the owner, nothing. I had to sit there through dinner clammy and soaked. AND the food was ordinary. Try elsewhere.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank KRose77

Sydney, Australia
“MUCH more than a pizza place”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

This cafe is really a restaurant at cafe prices. It had pizza made with FRESH local ingredients with other dishes that the owner herself, a trained cordon bleu chef, cooks. The menu included mouth wateringly tasty desserts too, as well as Australian beers & wines. You'd go a long way to improve on this place.

• Visited February 2014
5 Thank 33CB73
Narellan
“Never again!”
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

We decided on Embers at the last minute, our daughter had been once before and thought it was ok, the drinks came fast as for the rest it was disgusting, after half an hour we got up and removed plates from another table as we were given none. The food was very plain and for the price it was over the top for the emptiness that was on our pizzas, would never go again and definitely wouldn't recommend it even if I was starving.

Visited February 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Eat at home!”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Tonight my husband and myself ventured into Richmond for dinner. We decided on Embers. Big mistake. I settled on a calzone and a salad for my meal, my husband decided on the steak. Meals arrived which was good as we were a little hungry and my near warm corona which I was served didn't seem to hit the spot. My calzone's outer crust was like concrete and the filling which consisted of olives and olives and more olives with a bit of other filling was a total disappointment. I had ordered a Greek salad which didn't appear appetising as it too was filled with more olives like a Greek salad is but when you have just consumed more olives thn the entire population of Italy it was pushed away also. Not that I dislike olives but seriously enough a enough. I wish I had ordered the steak as my husband said it was ok. Will not recommend Embers or visit there again. When you pay decent money for A meal you would think you would be served something edible. Word of advice is if Embers is your only choice, stay home and boil an egg!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank lisa4762
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing”
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Went here with a group of friends, couldn't split the bill which was a pain and the food was very highly priced for the quality. Will not be going here again.

• Visited October 2013