“Back for another visit!”

HIgh Country Trail Rides
Ranked #2 of 7 things to do in Oberon
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We love it here. So peaceful, as much or as little activity as you want. Also appreciate the emphasis on safety for both quad bike riding and trail rides. Highly recommend.

1  Thank familyfrenzy
highcountrytrails, Owner at HIgh Country Trail Rides, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

I am very happy you had a nice time with us.
It is great that you appreciate our safety concerns for our guests.
Would be great to see you again
Pauline.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Took my girlfriend up to the Blue Mountains for a romantic week and she wanted to go horse riding. Having no knowledge of horse riding places I asked the receptionist at Jenolan Caves House who was good and she mentioned that Pauline up at Oberon was very nice and as we were attending the dawn service there the next day it was a good chance to check it out beforehand. Well we weren't disappointed Oberon is a lovely place and everyone was so friendly. We were booked in a large group to go horse riding with a film crew for Geordie Shore but fortunately they had cancelled at the last minute and we were left alone to have a private ride for two through the hills (well except for the escort Pauline, the two horses Polly and Barney (watch out for him he's a character) and a little Jack Russell Bunny who seemed convinced she was a horse at all of 12 inches tall). Was a lovely meander through the bush past numerous wombat holes (didn't get to see any unfortunately) to a valley with a waterfall. Had a great time and would recommend it, they have accommodation as well if you need a farm stay, can't vouch for that though. I can vouch for the in ground trampoline however and although not as smooth as I used to could still get a front flip and a gayner out but wasn't going to attempt a back flip. You've gotta know your limitations when you're trying to impress your girlfriend.

2  Thank Nathrogers

Thank you for your review.
It is great to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us.
I must also admit that trampolining as a kid was a lot easier! Think we are a bit more flexible then:)
Pauline

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Made a last minute decision to bring the kids for a ride when we were holidaying on Blue Mountain. As we were staying in a farm stay in Duckmaloi, decided to go to the nearest ride which is high country trail rides at Oberon. Made a booking only 1 day before and am glad Pauline gladly obliged to have us in the morning.

The ranch is up on a hill some distance from the main town but with a good GPS you should get there. And once there, you knew you have arrived at Horse country with horses grazing in broad green pasture....picture perfect sight for a horse lover! Horses in good number roaming free...is always a sight to behold for me...give me a great sense of freedom.

Back to the ride. We had 3 young kids 4, 6 and 8, which mean that the youngest 2 needs to be led. Pauline together with her friendly neighbor Tina (who owned a cattle farm next door) led to our 2 youngest boys in their horses, while my eldest girl, wifey and myself gets to ride by ourselves. The ride started off the farm and through a short trail that led to the pine forest next door. We did not go far thou since the young one needs to be led but nonetheless it is a great ride albeit too short (well for the big kids at least :).

While the young one started a tad apprehensive of the horses initially, they grew warm to the animals after the ride, given how well behaved the horses are along the ride.

Thou the ride may have ended, Pauline gladly let the kids feed the pet goat and sheep she had, and also allowed us to enter into the paddock where some of the cattle, sheeps and Alpaca are. The animals are so tame that we can even pat some of them...reason being some of them grew up in the house with Pauline!

Personally I can sense the love Pauline has for her animals and definitely recommend it for those looking for a ride around Oberon. Thanks Pauline and Tina for hosting us!

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your visit to our farm.
Tina is indeed very helpful whenever possible.
You have it right when you say I love my animals, obsessed I would call it. They are all my babies and their welfare is always put before mine :) Its nice to share them with other animal lovers.
Pauline.