“Duckmaloi Farm - BOOK IT NOW”
Review of Duckmaloi Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oberon
Duckmaloi Farm
Sydney, Australia
“Duckmaloi Farm - BOOK IT NOW”
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Peter - Thanks for a Great Long weekend from all of US. Something to remember for a long time. One of the MOMENTS. We were Enjoying every day .We will be back at Easter.
FARM – FANTASTIC,
ACCOMMODATION – 5 STAR
ANIMALS – VERY FRIENDLY and WELCOMING
Guys don’t wait BOOK it NOW.
Thanks and Regards,
Olex

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Olexandra

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Northumberland
Reviewed August 31, 2011

A bit of a devil to find, but its remoteness is its beauty.follow to instructions from the owner, they are spot on, the satnav will take you elsewhere. We stayed at Wallaby cottage, this is the most remote of the 3 options, but it would be my choice WHEN we go again. The view is over a valley and into a wooded area. Upon arrival the heating was on and there was quiet music being played. The owners deserve a pat on the back. The cottage is very well provided for. All you need for the first meal is meat and vegtables, the rest is provided. There is enough there for a breakfast. The place is very clean, In answer to other reviews, yes there are signs around the walls and all over the farm, but they are totally appropriate, and if you think about it probably because of what other people had done in the past. In relation to the 'Gourmet meal' comments yeah Egon Roney would struggle, but I bet Jamie Oliver would manage some how.
Take a short walk down to the main buildings there are many very friendly animals that just love carrots, of which there is a provided ample supply. Upon returning in the evening the farm is over run with kangeroos. We also saw a wombat right next to the car. In the morning we awoke to see kangeroos within 10 feet of the cottage, And then when you sit and watch the valley there are many in the fields, but be patient, you only spot them when they move. they are also in the wooded area. Take binoculars, we wish we had. If the owners read this please supply a couple of sets. The bird life is fantastic. No negatives. I only review where I need to. This cottage deserves a good review I just hope it does get over booked when we want to go again.. owner not on site when we went, but able to give appropriate advice over phone

Room Tip: Just go there
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Sydney Australia
Reviewed August 19, 2011

We stayed at Duckmaloi Farm for a weekend and it was by far the best place we have stayed. Each year 4 families go away for Christmas in July. We're been to Hunter Valley, Blue Mounts, Central Coast, we've even tried staying at home.... but this year we were so fortunate to stumble on Duckmaloi Farm. The owner Peter couldn't do enough for us. He even put up Christmas trees in all the cabins and in the main house. It was so lovely driving up the driveway late on Friday night and seeing the christmas tree lights sparkling through the windows. The accommodation is snug, modern, immaculately clean and very comfortable. There are plenty of log fires and the farm itself is nothing short of magical. We'll definitely be back. We have 8 young children between us. The oldest child is 8 years old. It was such a safe holiday. The kids could roam around without getting up to too much. They loved collecting the eggs from the chickens and feeding the animals and climbing trees. The men loved the games room off the main house, especialy the pool table. It was such a relaxing weekend. Really fantastic. We all loved it and now we've found THE place for Christmas in July... We wouldn't drem of going anywhere alse. Thanks so much Peter for your wonderful hospitality. You are a true gentleman. See you next year!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Sydney
Reviewed August 5, 2011

We stayed in one of the lovely and warm cottages for a couple of nights with our 3 year old daughter. A great time was had feeding the animals and doing walks around the property. Highly recommended and we'll definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 3, 2011

I had the pleasure of staying on Duckmaloi Farm for 3 nights in March, and it was literally the best place I have ever stayed. Myself, my partner and my parents stayed in 'Wombat Cottage' and wow what a place. The cottage itself is superbly set up for a self catering stay, facilities are extremely clean, beds comfy and enough space for two adult couples to share or a family with children. The linen was fresh and the cottage was warm with a lovely relaxing CD playing as we walked in which I thought was a lovely touch.
The views from the cottage are breathtaking, in a remote spot and the wildlife literally all around you, birds, roos, native plants, trees you name it you can see it here! There are lovely animals on the farm too, gorgeous hens, horses, ponies, donkeys, sheep, alpackers and a tame calf. All of which are charming and very well cared for and tame (you can feed them and talk to them for hours!).
The photographs on the website really do not do the cottages or surrounding area justice as this really is a beautiful spot to stay, Peter the owner was in contact with us but not intrusive and was very helpful and kind.
I could ramble on about this wonderful place for hours as i have been doing with my friends, please if you would like more info feel free to contact me through this website.
Enjoy your stay on Duckmaloi Farm - I will be going back for longer next time!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank busylizzy67
wollongong
Reviewed June 29, 2010

I stayed at Duckmaloi farm in June 2010 with my partner and our 2.5 year old daughter. We stayed three nights in the wombat cottage. It was a wonderful holiday. I had booked the accomodation, and my partner was so happy with it, he was a bit dubious about a farm stay, but when we got there he couldn't stop saying what a great place it was.

The cottage was lovely. We went during a very cold snap, but while it went below zero outside, it was above 20 degrees and beautiful and warm in the cottage, with great heaters and a fabulous wood fire. The cottage had everything we needed, and Oberon has a great couple of supermarkets and places to buy dinner. We particularly enjoyed the woodfired pizzas from 'the cave'. The cottages were clean, cosy, and my daughter just loved her room. Our only problem was that we were so comfy we kept falling to sleep early! We slept brilliantly.

In the mornings we had the most beautiful view of the valley with kangaroos hopping around, and sometimes beautiful misty cloud in the valley, as well as a spectacular view of the setting moon. It was very private and relaxing.

The new owner Peter and his family had just taken over. They were great, and helped with anything we needed. The 'shed' had some large containers of hay and carrots and we filled up buckets and fed the sheep, lambs, alpacas, cows, ponies, miniature donkeys, and we also had a good squiz at the horses, ducks and the many kangaroos.

We spent three nights, and went to jenolan caves (wonderful), oberon, katoomba, leura and wentworth falls. The drive to the farm was really beautiful.

I would absolutely recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank amieis
Singapore
Reviewed March 6, 2010

My 4-year old daughter and 2-year old son were so looking forward since morning to 5pm which was when they were told by the owners they could feed the farm animals - the whole purpose of the stay there! After touring the area (who wouldnt be), we arrived at our place at 5.05pm. To my utmost disbelieft, the owner told me that I was late and so the feeding session was over! Wouldnt even budge despite my pleading for my daughter and toddler son. Imagine the disappointment in both little kids!! What's a farm stay with feeding the animals I must ask! The farm wasnt that spectacular firstly - only a handful of animals.

The cottage was also plastered with various signs about penalties to guests if they do this or run afoul of that. See photos attached. Not value for money at all!

Stay only if your idea of a holiday is a military camp!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Chuggers, Owner at Duckmaloi Farm, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Hi,
I purchased Duckmaloi Farm in June 2010. This review is no longer correct, None of the negative comments made in this review are now justified.
Please remove this review.
Thanks,
Peter Wright.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oberon
Highlands Motor Inn
#1 of 2 in Jenolan Caves
Eagle View Escape
Eagle View Escape
#1 of 2 in Rydal

Been to Duckmaloi Farm? Share your experiences!