“Hotel has ceased business...”
Review of Imperial Hotel

Imperial Hotel
Reviewed April 1, 2018

Unfortunately, the Imperial has been sold and is no longer operating as the hotel it once was. It is currently vacant and in need of renovation.

Date of visit: April 2018
3  Thank MadMark_0_0_0

Reviewed April 17, 2017 via mobile

Always good for a beer or three after a long bush walk which has become a bit of a tradition after some 15 years. Always a little bit cool there but there's lots of old charm and historical significance about the building that's worth a visit and look around. The place continues to deteriorate as we witness each year when we drop in and needs to have some heavy investment. I eaten so can't comment as the menu is limited and usually go to Blackheath instead as a consequence.

Date of visit: June 2016
2  Thank markmW8037NB
Reviewed January 5, 2017 via mobile

This is our local so it is a huge disappointment to find out it is only opening for a few days a week now. I guess it would help if more locals used the place but to be honest it needs a new publican, new ideas, less dodgy people and better management. It is sad to see such a beautiful hotel fade away.

Date of visit: January 2017
2  Thank kim g
Reviewed December 29, 2016 via mobile

I ordered sirloin steak medium rare and I got so overcooked that I could use it as a sole. Then I asked the chief how is it cooked and she told me it is medium pink inside. Truely it was so brown and tough, possibly about 2 minutes after medium rare cooking time. I was so hungry I ate it with "no worries mate" but I'm writing it for you not to order steak on Imperial anymore. It's expensive, it's really really bad.
Plus - the service was good.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed October 21, 2016 via mobile

Old building filled with character, I had low expectations for the near $20 burger I ordered for dinner. Pleasantly surprised by the generous "with the lot" burger with chips: egg, cheese, bacon, beetroot, tomato, onion, capsicum...yum.

Date of visit: October 2016