All reviews chinese restaurant the dragon new building sauna room healing waters great chinese food cold pool spring water on site attached restaurant last stop pleasant stay artisan spa shade cloth drive thru sunday night home away from home
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Typical Hotel Rooms but be very selective as there are two compenents to the hotel, one site is too far from the pool. So make sure you ask for close access to the pool otherwise it is quite a walk. Speaking of the pool, the hot artisan pool is very very slippery. I actually twisted my knee on entering the pool and being disabled in the first place I lost my footing altogether and fell to the bottom of the pool. Some mats on the steps as well as something on the grab rails would be beneficial. The food and choice of was amazing, one of the highlights of our visit. Also note that there is a lot of building happening and so the workers all stay on site so if you are wanting a sleep in forget it, they are up and talking loudly long before 5.30am. Once building is completed I do hope they refurbish their motel rooms and update them which would be great. But all in all, one of the better motels in the area and would stay again. I would just be more careful getting in the pool lol.

Room tip: Ensure to ask for a room away from the highway if not used to a lot of traffic noise.
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank truckette
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I recently stayed at the Dragon & Phoenix motel in Moree. The motel was clean and comfortable, with most basic commodities being met. The staff were accommodating and friendly. The rooms were a good size, with comfortable beds. The food was adequate, though nothing special. The meals were let down by the after dinner coffee, this tasted like recycled dish water, maybe an idea to drink tea.next time. A plus at this motel was the on-site Artesian baths, wonderfully relaxing after a day's travel.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Beryl P
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed at this motel during a driving trip home to Qld. We had two little dogs with us and this motel was quite accommodating to that fact. They were nearly fully booked by seniors due to the fact that they have thermal pools on site. The rooms were clean but very average and dated. The upside was the dogs being allowed.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank yarrum34
Reviewed June 12, 2012

This was our last stop on our 10 day heli trip to Port Douglas and back from Sydney. OK we stayed in more salubrious digs but our Moree Pit stop for fuel and a sleepover was definitely one highlight of our excursion.
Having spent 2 nights in Emerald QLD the night before due to bad weather and experiencing food we were keen to leave behind our Moree experience was going to more then make up for it.
It commenced with being picked up from the airport in a S500 Merc by Donna a young charming local girl. She turned out to be The Boss.
No check in hassles here. She dropped us at our rooms and said "come and check in when you have settled in, tonight is ok" ...... Wow that was a first.
Straight to the the hot mineral spa for my Chief Pilot and myself. Fantastic! Fantastic! Fantastic! Wasn't sure I would like them .... But I am hooked. Hot pool cold pool hot pool cold pool. We were like little kids giggling wishing our wives could see us now.
Yes it wasn't a five star pool surrounding or grounds ...... They were free! .... Come on it was clean and heaps of fun what more do you want ..... Ok u want more ..... I felt the best I have felt for many years .... Those mineral hot spas really do work.
Back to the room for a snooze ... Free wi-fi and Austar.plus plus. Rooms the same not 5 star but clean and comfy. I wasn't entertaining the Queen so it was ok.
Then to dinner at the Chinese restaurant in the motel. Donna the limo driver welcomed us ..... Obviously multi tasking. Well we had the best Chinese meal in fact the best meal we had eaten during our ten day trip which included some flash dinners in Port Douglas which cost three times as much. Easily would compete with the best in Dixon St.
Great night sleep warm cosy bed.
To the dining room for brekky. This is where we met 'young George' or as I named him after talking to him for five minutes"the Mayor of Moree". What a character. We found out he is the chef and Donna's dad. What a team! Great country breakfast with a lot of laughs with 'the Mayor of Moree' George.
Then to check out which was funny as I had not checked in. Yep Donna was at reception and thanked us for staying and offered to drive us to the airport. We gratefully accepted deep down hoping it would rain and we could stay another night. No such luck. Limo ride to the airport and off home with a promise to ourselves to return with our wives to stay at the best Motel in Australia.

Room tip: Leave it to Donna
Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank Kimbalipadholder
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We stayed one night over the Easter long weekend. We were in a family room which was clean, comfortable and roomy. Quiet location. The only downside was the noisy neighbors who sat outside the room all night talking....

Date of stay: May 2011