All reviewsthe dragonchinese restaurantcold poolnew buildinghealing watersgreat chinese foodspring wateron siteattached restaurantshade clothdrive thrupleasant staylong days drivesmall dogcomfortable roomstake awayartesian water
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We stayed one night over the Easter long weekend. We were in a family room which was clean, comfortable and roomy. Quiet location. The only downside was the noisy neighbors who sat outside the room all night talking....

Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank scottdon99
Reviewed March 24, 2012

I stayed in the motel for 6 nights last October . Booked it via I/net.
The reception was v ery warm and friendly .
Very comfortoble room with TV, kitchenette with microvawe .Good quality linen.Room cleaned every day.
Pool is just a few steps away from the rooms. The37 degree hotwater flows from 3 spouts - different diameter, different strength .
I spent a lot of time in the hot water, alternating with the cold pool (dipping or for a short swim).This exercise stimulated my bloddcirculation - so much needed for my ailments.
Night time I had dinner in the Chinese/Australian restaurant, but there are lunch opportunities just a few steps away or take away.

I recommended the place to my sister and bro-in-law from Canberra .They have stayed in the motel at a later date as well.
And they were just as happy as I was.

During my stay I looked @ 2 other places in Moree for a future trip.
I assure you that the DragonPhoenix offers the best of all in every way.

So I booked in again to stay - now for 7 days in April.
YOU CAN NOT GO WRONG !!!!!!

Room Tip: Corner suites are bigger
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Suzanne S
Reviewed March 3, 2012

I have travelled in this region for many years and find this motel to be one of my favourite stays. The service and support is fantastic with no request seeming unreasonable or to hard. George, Donna and all the staff are committed to making the stay as comfortable as possible. A beautiful restaurant, relaxing artiesian hot pool and separate cool pool means once you park your car you have no need to go anywhere else. It really is a pleasure to stop over for a night or two.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Alexander M
Reviewed December 28, 2011

We were travelling from Canberra to Brisbane with a puppy and 2 kids and this hotel seemed to cater well for us and I phoned and spoke to the lovely manager and explain we may not make it all the way or infact may make good time and could I make a tentative booking. She suggested we leave our credit card and secure the room just incase it filled up before we arrived. We organised I would call through and confirm if we would stay or not. Unbelievably we made great time and so My mother called through to say we would continue on as it was way to early to stop. The owner I believe called George was so rude and uncoperative to her I had to stop on the side of the road to explain to him my booking. I HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED SUCH A RUDE AND UNHELPFUL PERSON he kept caling me 'lady' and even suggested I call the police on him which was outragious. It toook over an hour of him takling over me and I had to drive into Moree to the hotel to wait for the manager to clock on as he would not call her and just kept saying he couldnt help me and if I continued driving that was my decision. In the end the kids were too frightened to stay there anyway. I certainly would not recommend this hotel due to the owner.

Room Tip: huge building works going on next door
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank 4breakfastburritos
Reviewed November 14, 2011

As i was a local for some 20 odd years, i found my stay at this motel very enjoyable and pleasent, and the restaurant and food excellent, and my host very professional.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo