All reviewsthe dragonchinese restaurantcold poolnew buildinghealing watersgreat chinese foodspring wateron siteattached restaurantshade clothdrive thrupleasant staylong days drivesmall dogcomfortable roomstake awayartesian water
Reviewed March 3, 2012

I have travelled in this region for many years and find this motel to be one of my favourite stays. The service and support is fantastic with no request seeming unreasonable or to hard. George, Donna and all the staff are committed to making the stay as comfortable as possible. A beautiful restaurant, relaxing artiesian hot pool and separate cool pool means once you park your car you have no need to go anywhere else. It really is a pleasure to stop over for a night or two.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Alexander M
Reviewed December 28, 2011

We were travelling from Canberra to Brisbane with a puppy and 2 kids and this hotel seemed to cater well for us and I phoned and spoke to the lovely manager and explain we may not make it all the way or infact may make good time and could I make a tentative booking. She suggested we leave our credit card and secure the room just incase it filled up before we arrived. We organised I would call through and confirm if we would stay or not. Unbelievably we made great time and so My mother called through to say we would continue on as it was way to early to stop. The owner I believe called George was so rude and uncoperative to her I had to stop on the side of the road to explain to him my booking. I HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED SUCH A RUDE AND UNHELPFUL PERSON he kept caling me 'lady' and even suggested I call the police on him which was outragious. It toook over an hour of him takling over me and I had to drive into Moree to the hotel to wait for the manager to clock on as he would not call her and just kept saying he couldnt help me and if I continued driving that was my decision. In the end the kids were too frightened to stay there anyway. I certainly would not recommend this hotel due to the owner.

Room Tip: huge building works going on next door
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank 4breakfastburritos
Reviewed November 14, 2011

As i was a local for some 20 odd years, i found my stay at this motel very enjoyable and pleasent, and the restaurant and food excellent, and my host very professional.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Craig73_11
Reviewed November 14, 2010

Enjoyed staying at the hotel, very clean, lovely people, excellent service. Would recommend to freinds and family. Pool excellent as it was heated!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Sharmo
Reviewed October 30, 2010

I have stayed at this motel at various times over the last 6-8 years, and the main thing that brings me back is the exceptional freindliness and dedication of the owners and staff. Nothing is too much trouble, be it letting them know I will be late back and wanting a meal, or being dropped off to the airport.

This is an older development, and you won't find lawns and gardens. While the rooms are fairly basic, they are clean and provided with the usual amenities of TV, microwave, reverse cycle A/C etc. Linen is good, though the mattresses are getting close to the end of their life (mind you, I have had a lot worse!). Having a table and chairs in the room is great for setting up my computer, or if I am travelling with my wife, and we want a meal in the room, it makes it a lot easier. Despite the highway location (the bypass is opening soon though) I have not found traffic noise an issue. Parking tends to the informal, without dedicated spaces, but I have found it pretty easy to get a spot close to the room.

Although they don't have a dedicated business centre, the free broadband is most definitely a plus! Also if I need to do some emergency copying or send a fax, that has always been possible. As a business traveller who often stays for longer periods, the ablility to wash and dry clothes on-site it a major plus, although I'd like a kichenette in the room for preparing simple meals.

The food in the restaurant is good, and I find the serving sizes very generous. Having room service is great, particularly when I just want a quick meal. The restaurant staff are friendly and attentive, and the host, George, is always quick to welcome the traveller and make them feel at home.

One of the main attractions are the pools - both the large hot spa pool, and the cold pool. For an early morning wake-up dip or a relaxing hot spa after a tiring day, this definitely makes this motel worth a stay. The pool compound area has good seating, if you want to relax or just have an informal chat and with the addition of more plants in pots is much more pleasant. While not yet a lush oasis, its definitely improved. It's also great, for once, not to have a pool at the front of the motel visible to all and sundry who drive or walk by.

In summary, it is the people and the spa pool that lift this motel out of the ordinary.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business