All reviews new owners cold winter's night great western highway comfortable beds dinner breakfast pork belly wedding venue great shower an overnight stay good size lovely hosts single bed large room stayed here for nights great place to stay spa bath electric blankets
Reviewed August 24, 2018

I recently enjoyed an overnight stay. I requested an early check in which was quickly confirmed. The motel is very comfortable, and the rooms were warm, even when the temperatures were 0degrees feeling like -2.
the restaurant had a huge welcoming fire and great food for dinner and a delicious breakfast. The management team were fantastic, and do an amazing job looking after our stay.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2018

I was initially weary about booking here due to the proximity to the highway but was surprised with a super clean room with comfortable beds, excellent shower temperature, excellent heating and fairly priced.

I ended up staying for 2 nights for a wedding I was attending at Seclusions some ~10kms away.

The staff were good, however there was a couple of issues with the water supply being cut off due to a fire hydrant leak which weren't communicated as well as they could have been.

Overall I would recommend Bowen Inn to anyone looking to stay in Lithgow.

Room Tip: Check the water temperature before jumping in the shower, it's super hot!
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed July 15, 2018

Our room was lovely. It had a queen & a single bed. It was very cold outside at night, so it was a bonus when we discovered electric blankets on the bed! The ensuite was large, and there was tea & coffee making facilities. We had a wonderful meal in the Surveyor's Restaurant. Which had an interesting ceiling, like a dome that was completely covered in wood. There was a fireplace as well. Very warming on a cold winter's night! My partner had the pork belly & I had the Bowen Duet, which was chicken & beef with 2 prawns on top. Delicious! Breakfast was in the restaurant as well. It was a self serve with cereals, bread for making toast, yogurt, fruit etc. We really enjoyed our stay. Next time we're in Lithgow, we'll be staying there! It was a peaceful night's sleep!

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ozzie007
Reviewed June 22, 2018

We spent one night here during winter - Nice clean comfortable warm motel room with all the essentials. After spending the day at the Japanese Bathhouse, it was great to not have to drive far to our accommodation. They have a lovely restaurant with roaring warm fire and good food. We had dinner & breakfast here. The Managers are a nice young couple who couldn’t do enough for you. This is our second stay here & will stay again.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2018

Attended a wedding and we decided to go for a couple of days rather than rushing our stay. The room was lovely and clean. We went for dinner in the restaurant on the premises (Surveyors). It has a fireplace which made the room nice and warm. Food was excellent. I had the lamb shanks and lucky I only ordered the one as it was such a big serve. To our surprise we even had snow falling on the day we left. Overall great experience. Thank you Bec and David for making us feel so welcome.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple