“Surprisingly good”

The Bowen Inn Motel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Lithgow
Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

An overnight stay on business and I found the room surprisingly spacious, bigger than many suites I've stayed in.

Nice and quiet, renovated tastefully, I even liked that the LCD TV was properly tuned in with the correct aspect ratio. Fast free wifi and an excellent restaurant with great customer service.

There are some fancy CBD hotels that could learn a lot from this hidden gem in Lithgow.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Tony2101

Reviewed July 4, 2012

This a comfortable stopover and my personal favourite in Lithgow. Reception is easy and attentive. The bar and restaurant are modern, open and welcoming. It is personal and the food is excellent.

Rooms are clean, spacious and very well equipped with the regular fare for a motel. TV, coffee/tea/iron etc all provided with generous space to work and store bags. Bathroom was clean and the bed very comfortable. The rooms can get a bit cold even with the heater working so the electric blankets are a welcome addition. Water pressure in the bathrooms leaves a bit to be desired. The situation is convenient but this is on the main road so be prepared for some traffic noise.

It offers good value for money $145 with continental breakfast included and i will be happy to return and stay again

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Vinylstatistics
Reviewed March 11, 2012

I'm not the type to write reviews, but feel my recent stay at the Bowen Inn is well worth a mention because not only was the accommodation fantastic and tasteful, the owners personally introduced themselves making us feel part of the family too. We spent the afternoon on the grass in the sun with a gorgeous view overlooking the hills & felt miles away from everything. The restaurant had a hearty menu and you could tell everything was cooked fresh to order. I spotted a leather couch in front of the fireplace which would be super cosy in Winter - definitely testing it out next time we are up!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2012

My Husband, toddler and I stayed for 4 nights and were very happy with all aspects of the motel. The rooms were comfortable and clean, and the continental breakfast included was a great start to the day. The staff were friendly, helpful and really couldnt do enough for you. From something as little as heating up my daughters breakfast every morning, to supplying milk for her bottle when we had run out one night! I even left a bag of washing in the laundry as the machine was in use, came back later and someone had put it on for me!!! I highly recommend the Surveyors restaurant as we ate there with 4 others for dinner one night, and the food was divine. Highly recommended the Bowen Inn, especially if you are travelling with kids.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kate W
Reviewed January 4, 2012

We were very impressed with the Bowen Inn. The rooms were spotless and we were very well taken care of by the hotel manager Lucy who was great. We are from England and would definately come back to the Bowen Inn if we visited Australia again!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank William M
Reviewed January 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed here overnight Dec 30. At this time of year we expected that the motel would not be busy and this was indeed the case. The lady who was looking after the place was doing it all on her own. We cannot praise her highly enough. She was pleasant, helpful and a mine of information on places to eat in Lithgow. The in house restaurant was closed due to the season. I managed to leave my iPad in the room and she rang us to let us know so we were able to return and retrieve it. The same lady was also responsible for servicing the rooms and doing breakfast. I don't know how she did frankly but my wife and I both remarked on how nice the rooms presented and how clean and fresh they looked and smelled.

We've stayed here previously and it was a good experience, and this time only reminded us how pleasant and helpful staff are vital to ensure a good stay. This lady is a great asset to this motel and we'll be returning.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Murray A
Reviewed December 8, 2011

We recently stayed at the Bowen Inn Motel, as a last minute decision as we had been traveling all day. I was almost going to keep going as the last time I stayed there it was such a horrible experience. I was so glad we stopped! From the moment we walked in, we were greeted by the wonderful friendly staff, (I later found out they were the New Owners). The rooms had been refurbished, spotlessly clean and tastefully decorated. We decided to try the restaurant and we were very impressed! The menu had a great selection, and the food and service I would highly recommend! We will be back again and next time with no hesitation!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RHONDA48
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lithgow
The Carrington Hotel
#1 of 2 in Wallerawang
Zig Zag Motel
Zig Zag Motel
#2 of 6 in Lithgow

Been to The Bowen Inn Motel? Share your experiences!