Pioneer Way Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Rest Easy Motel(Wentworth Falls)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Wallacia Hotel(Wallacia)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsqueen bedblue mountainswill stay there againair congood sizeground floorone nightroom was cleanplugsaccommodationkitchenettebushcosy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 27, 2013

The Pioneer Way Motel was one of the best budget motels we have stayed the rooms were very clean and very well appointed, the Mangers are very accommodating and friendly. Even thought the location is on a major highway traffic noise is not a major concern. If I was to have any negative it is the outside lighting is very bright and shine into the room, and although smoking is not allowed in the rooms it is allowed on the premises and does come into the room. The biggest problems we had was with Quickbeds who completely mucked up our booking not sending the correct number of guests or the receipt of payment to the motel causing an issue on check in, but I m,ust say the Manager Linda was very professional in her handling of the situation. I would definitely stay there again but would NOT USE QUICKBEDS AGAIN

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds
1  Thank Dr_Zook
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I worked in the mountains and I stay once per week in the Motel and i find it very comfortable. Yvonne and Jackie are extremely friendly, In winter when I arrive to my room always has the heat on for me and that makes me feel like arriving home. I always feel that they are looking after me and after all the guests which makes me feel secure. From all the motels around i definitely recommend this one.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Yvonne W, Manager at Pioneer Way Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Many thanks for the nice review, it is such a pleasure to have repeat guests here who appreciate the personal touches we do and feel safe. We do our utmost to ensure all guests are made welcome, yet have the privacy to enjoy their stay and know we aren't far away should they require something. You are always welcome Diana!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Yvonne & Jackie went out of their way to make our stay a very comfortable one & were very welcoming & friendly. Rooms very immaculate & room price very reasonable. Some road noise but due to being on a highway this is unavoidable. Breakfast was lovely & hot, which is unusal. Would definitely recommend & will b back again. Thanks Yvonne & Jackie.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

We only stayed one night and our room rate for the stay was $110. We did not have breakfast which was available if required.Allow about $ 20 each for a good breakfast-You can get a cheaper one if you just want something light (around $13).

I asked the woman at the reception desk if I could check the room out before we booked in as I had noted some negative reviews on this site by other reviewers.

I was shown room 10. It was very clean and comfortable but not large.The shower-toilet area was very clean and a good size. The bed was a double- Larger beds are available at an increased rate. I do generally like a queen bed-but as cost was a factor we settled for the double bed. It was comfortable and we slept well. It had all the expected bits and pieces,tea,coffee,tv, fridge,small snack bar etc. Towels in bathroom were nice and fresh and plenty of toilet paper, shampoo, soap etc.

The motel is on the highway so there is some traffic noise but not enough to keep you awake. The soundproofing is pretty good. Best to ask for a room as far away from the road as possible. There is some undercover parking available but generally you park right outside your room.

Two woman run the 21 unit motel,Jackie and Yvonne. Both were happy and helpful.

There is a small oil heater in the room as well as air con. Both were very good.

There are a couple places to eat about a 3-4 minute walk away, a Thai place which is well priced and quite ok food and a bigger Chinese place. There is a take away place over the road and a bottle shop if you want wine or a beer.

The other guests were quiet and not noisy so no problems to report here.

Overall this is a quite reasonable 3 star motel and fairly well priced for what you get. Based on other motels I have stayed at recently around this price range I am happy to give this place a 7/10 and I will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013
Yvonne W, Manager at Pioneer Way Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review. We do try our best and appreciate all comments from our guests who have stayed with us. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

we stayed at this hotel for an overnight stay for a wedding in the Mountains, the location was convenient, and the rooms were very average, just found the owner or the person who ran the place very rude and very unfriendly, we understood she had broken her wrist and being the only person who cooks and runs the place she could not provide breakfast, however her over all attitude was rude, the rooms were not too bad however some rooms needed a little maintenance nothing major...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Micheal1788

Hi Michael I apologise for not being able to provide a cooked breakfast for you due to having just broke my wrist and unfortunately not able to source someone to step in at the last minute to help. I am not generally a rude person and try to help where I can and do wish you had of informed me that you thought my attitude toward you was rude.