“Now this is what I call a walkabout!”

Aboriginal Blue Mountains Walkabout
More attraction details
Owner description: Awarded Australia's best walking experience this wonderful traditional walkabout will enrich your modern life with ancient wisdom and give you a deep connection to country and our culture. Enter our Aboriginal dream time and live for a day our fun, creative and spiritual way of life. Can be easily accessed by train from Sydney or Katoomba (Blue Mountains) as a day trip.
Reviewed December 3, 2011

After arriving at our scheduled meeting place we were initially skeptical about what we would learn of the 'Aboriginal way of life' .....so pleasantly surprised! Loved the experience as did my husband and 24 year old daughter. Evan was thoroughly knowledgable as we learned from information gleaned from other guided tours. Loved his spirit and the pace of the 'walk'. One of the most enjoyable tours we have EVER experienced....have an open mind and you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank Jan B

Reviewed November 14, 2011

This was an truly wondrous educational walkabout experience that all should visit. It revealed so much about the amazing culture of these people. Evan is so passionate about this journey and you really feel he is sharing something very special with you. I am still on a high 2 days later and will definitely pursue it further.
Learn about The Dreamtime, visit sacred sites and let yourself be one with nature - go quietly - a good day to step softly, look and listen - save the chat for the stops -

Reviewed May 2, 2011

From the very beginning of the walkabout Evan guided our group into a meditative and enlightening participation into the Darug tribe's culture and history. He showed us Aboriginal methods of experiencing the environment around us in a more present and mindful way. We learned about stories of the area and aboriginal uses of various plants,
Evan is a sincere guide who is deeply committed to the preservation of Aboriginal knowledge in this area. He took us along a Songline where we visited some Dreamtime rock carvings and a sacred waterhole. We also made bark paintings using red ochre and other natural pigments. All in all a deeply moving, transformative and spirtual experience.

1  Thank VivandSam
Reviewed November 29, 2010

As someone who enjoys exercise, nature and culture I absolutely loved the Aboriginal Blue Mountains Walkabout experience. Evan was a very caring and safe guide to all. His highly skilled educating style really brings to life the energy and vibrancy of the ancient indigenous culture and the wild Australian bush. I found the day a perfect balance of learning and practicing traditional Aboriginal wisdom with moderate exercise and great relaxation. My personal favourite was a dip in the deliciously cool billabong. There are regular stops as a group so that you are able to listen clearly to every word Evan says and ask any questions. The relaxed pace also gave time to take any photos that you may want to. Thank you Evan, I felt like I stepped out of the modern world for a day and gained a lifetime of priceless spiritual wisdom.

Reviewed November 17, 2010

I'm an Australian who lives and teaches in Texas. I brought a group of ten American university students to Australia for a study abroad program, and I wanted to make sure they would be able to experience Australia from an Aboriginal perspective. I am so very glad we went with Walkabout. In future, I will always want my students to experience this.

Evan is very knowledgeable about Aboriginal culture and he obviously cares very deeply about keeping traditional knowledge alive. He is a very calm and patient fellow, and clearly enjoys taking the time to introduce people to the vibrancy of the living bush and the traditions which have respected it for many thousands of years.

The path he leads you on is not a typical tourist route. Don't expect the usual Three Sisters stuff; you can get that for nothing in your own time. Instead, he will have you climbing under rocks and over trunks through the beautiful valley floor. Don't worry; it is all very manageable if you have a good level of fitness. Sometimes the pace is brisk and energised, but there are also plenty of moments for quiet contemplation. He tells me he goes ahead with the walk even if it pours with rain; I actually hope it rains one day when I'm with him on this walk. I completely trust him as a guide, and I know he will turn even the worst weather into a new kind of opportunity for learning and experience. (We were there in June, and the weather was perfect.)

Honestly, I think he is doing a wonderful job with this. I hope your experience is as rewarding as ours was.

1  Thank Kleinzeit