“Great short break destination”

Paradise One Retreat.
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Coorabell
Kingscliff, Australia
“Great short break destination”
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Stayed overnight with my wife and two children during the winter period, the rooms had just been refurbished which look great.

The restaurant Dinner service and atmosphere was fantastic, large open plan restaurant with fire place, excellent food and good wine list.

Breakfast the following morning was good, a continental breakfast selection available.

Great little property suited more for couples looking for a short break.

Room Tip: All rooms are very good, interconnected with privacy for both couples or couple and kids. All rooms...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Sydney
Reviewed December 26, 2011

I've been coming to Byron Bay for a few years for my own personal holidays and wanted to check this place out before committing to a stay, so this is what folks in the business call a "site inspection".
The first thing anyone will notice is that it's way out of town in the back blocks of Byron Bay near Bangalow - both great spots in themselves - but not really close enough to be convenient. This factor could work both ways in your vacation planning making it great for a couples retreat but not so much for a family holiday. The cabins are individually self-contained and standalone, so you won't be bothered by your neighbour's hob-nailed boots. They're roomy but not lavish, comfortable, clean and neat without being luxurious.
The restaurant 'Wilson’s by the Creek' has a considerable reputation and head chef, Adam Hall, is a bit of a local 'rock star' among chefs. His gourmet and culinary weekends have quite a following, so this may be a good excuse to get out there. Of course you can come out and dine without staying, but due to licensing, the restaurant is only open to non-resident guests Fri-Sat-Sun.
At the time of my visit, there was some ground clearing going on to remove non-native species and the new onsite manager (Paul) had just moved in. There were some adverse comments about the previous manager who I never met, so this is obviously being addressed.
The well kept 66-acre grounds are like a gorgeous park setting, so picnics by the creek and rainforest walks are popular too. Yes, there's a small pool in a secluded courtyard.
While there isn't a 'spa' as such, massage and treatments are conducted in-room.
Meetings and conferences are possible too, but I would suggest are better suited to smaller groups, say under 20.

Room Tip: All rooms are appointed the same, so just choose your proximity to the main building as you wish.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Roderick E
Byron Bay, Australia
Reviewed November 5, 2011

I attended the Peppers Masterclass food experience retreat. I was also a getaway for me, and I found it to be wonderfully relaxing. The cooking class side of things was fantastic too, the group picked up great tips and enjoyed superb food at every meal, including the one we prepared! I hope they do another one, and promote it well as it was great value for money.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
England
Reviewed October 9, 2011

We booked one night at Peppers Coorabell as a stopover en route to Brisbane from Sydney. My only regret was that I didn't book more than one night! We booked the rainforest getaway which included breakfast. The children shared a sofa bed in the living room. The cabin was very clean and pleasant. The grounds are wonderful and the pool was superb. It was so peaceful and relaxing. We hadn't booked dinner but decided to eat at their restaurant. The food really was terrific and the prices reasonable. Breakfast was simply amazing. The chef comes in early to bake bread and muffins and they really were sensational. There is a superb selection of food. We will certainly return but for a few days instead of just one night. The staff were very friendly and welcoming and the manager Shawn went out of his way to ensure we had a great stay.

• Stayed September 2011
Brisbane
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Had a weekend away with my wife and read an article on the property, and it was everything the article said it would be, relaxing, romantic and value for money.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, the restaurant was fantastic that alone is worth the trip. I recommend Coorabell to anybody who is looking for something peaceful and tranquil

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank robert b
Kingscliff NSW
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We live relatively locally, but had never heard of this place. We have stayed at other Peppers resorts, so that, and the September special persuaded us to give this place a try. We were not disappointed! Excellent welcoming, yet professional staff, fantastic location, clean, comfortable accomodation, and last but not least fantastic food!! I personally loved the lack of mobile reception....it can't be a retreat if your phone is going off and people can contact you easily!

I would highly reccomend the restaurant, and don't forget to go down to the creek and hang out (literally) in the hammocks, so peaceful and relaxing - I wish we could have stayed longer..

If I had to complain I would say: the bed wasn't amazing - but I love a solid mattress, and I am seven months pregnant, so that could be personal preference/whinge! The spa and pool could do with an upgrade but were still nice, the only downside was that the gas storage area hidden behind the spa which let out a whiff of gas now and again. And the morning we were there it was continental breakfast only......which was a bit of a let down.

All in all, a really nice, peaceful retreat. I would go again in a heartbeat :)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
POM in Brisbane
Reviewed July 19, 2011

My wife and I stayed for a weekend for our anniversary in a creek view room. The location is superb, set in lovely countryside and still relatively close to Byron (but you need a car). The downside of the location is lack of mobile phone reception and I was surprised for the cost that an internet connection was not available or provided. The room was ok and nice and secluded but actually for the price we expected something a little more plush. There was only a shower and no bath. There was a nice deck at the back to sit on and enjoy with a glass of red. We could park our car right next to the room but it was not covered. The restaurant was the true highlight, the food was delicious and the table service was pretty good too. We had a few mean cocktails too. We enjoyed our stay and would go back if there was a special deal or rate but probably not again at full price.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Mark P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coorabell
Nimbin Rox YHA
#1 of 2 in Ewingsdale
Beach Suites
Beach Suites
#6 of 32 in Byron Bay

Been to Paradise One Retreat.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Paradise One Retreat.

Property: Paradise One Retreat.
Address: 139 Newes Rd | Byron Hinterland, Coorabell, New South Wales 2479, Australia (Formerly Peppers Coorabell Retreat)
Location: Australia > New South Wales > Coorabell
Bar / Lounge Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Coorabell
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:4 star — Paradise One Retreat. 4*
Peppers Coorabell Retreat is an intimate rainforest retreat set in the Byron Bay Hinterland on NSW's far north coast. With deluxe accommodation in charming cabins, you'll find the perfect escape to relax, rejuvenate and be pampered whilst still being able to enjoy the distinctive beach atmosphere and lifestyle of one of the most popular seaside destinations in Australia, Byron Bay. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Paradise One Retreat. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Peppers Casuarina Hotel