Turon Gates
Bushman's Motor Inn(Wallerawang)
$86
  • Restaurant
$65
Lithgow Workies Club Motel(Lithgow)(Great Value!)
$114
$110
Zig Zag Motel(Lithgow)(Great Value!)
$97
$91
Agoda.com
The Bowen Inn Motel(Lithgow)(Great Value!)
$100
$94
Agoda.com
Gold Panner Motor Inn(Bathurst)(Great Value!)
$82
Governor Macquarie Motor Inn(Bathurst)(Great Value!)
$81
$76
$86
$84
Hotwire.com
All reviewshorse ridingeagles nestlocal honeysolar powerbush walkinggas stoveriverside cabincreature comfortswood firebeautiful riverperfect weekendperfect hostsdvd playerblue mountainsvalley viewgold panningcoffee machine
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We hadn't been to Turon Gates before but had heard nice things about it - A mesmerizing and beautiful place in the hills for a family of four (and one cattle dog).

We stayed at Eagles Nest cabin - which was incredible - with inspiring views over grazing land, natural forest and the surrounding district. Some days were hot, but most nights cool, and there was so much to do - horse riding, hiking, kangaroo watching, swimming and spotting shooting stars. Great.

The accommodation was perfect and cosy and hidden away. It was a pleasure to meet Sonya and Soren - You'll rarely find such nice hosts. They were very generous and hospitable.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LizNSydney
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Like most people we were really excited to have a stay at Turon Gates.
After speaking with the manageress who was hard to get hold of in the first instance and I did have to call 3 x before actually having a conversation I was still looking forward to it.

We booked a cabin for 4 adults, 2 dogs and 1 toddler and a baby. She rang me back a few days later to advise the cabin was already booked so we could stay at the most expensive one. As it was over the new years I thought ok, we will deal with that as we really wanted to stay there. I advised her at the time I had two dogs but she did not ask what type of dogs.

Later when I rang to make final payment, I was talking about my dogs and she asked what breed. I said german sheppards. She had a complete breakdown and the hair they would shed. Please, all dogs shed hair! She put an ugly blanket on the couch, of which our dogs did not sit on, and that was that as far as I was concerned. Of course some dog hair would make it to the couch after stayingt there for 4 days!

We arrived and all was good. Saw all the signs about using electricity, keeping clean blah blah blah.
Had a lovely time even though the cabin was absolutely steaming and the two fans did not adequately provide enough air to circulate around the house. Did not complain when discovered rats in the outside couch. Did not complain that the fridge barely kept anything cold as it was really hot outside and the cabin was warm by first thing in the morning.

We left the cabin in perfectly fine order but she had the nerve to write to me say that we did not treat the house with respect and there was dog hair everywhere. We took our dogs beds and they slept on those or the tiled floor as it was soo hot. When you hire a house and say you are dog friendly you must expect some hair. Is she telling me there was no human hair left anywhere?
It's not like we are paying $50 to stay the night, the cabins are over $200 a night!!! what are cleaners for? To not clean?

We had enjoyed ourselves there, but will not be going back nor would we recommend as they have no idea how to treat guests. Oh and she overcharged me because she could not peoples credit card details correct!

Room Tip: If you want to stay somewhere and have to clean it better than the cleaners this is your place
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
8  Thank Bianca P
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

This is about out eighth time at Turon, yet there is always something new to discover! We stayed in kayhalan cabin which is beautifully appointed and as always at Turon, magically isolated with breath taking views. Kayhalan is very well equipped with three lovely rooms, a bath and a dishwasher - heaven!! Heaps of kangaroos, goats, rosellas to spot from our shady hammock, and...... Our first echidna spot! Yet another amazing stay at Turon topped off with a lovely chat with Soren the owner and manager. Love, love, love this place!

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank marshalllaw
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Having just had a weekend at Turon Gates, I can only speak about this place in glowing terms. Away from the main road (thank goodness) down a good dirt road track, past jumping kangaroos and mountain goats of all colours and sizes and across a rickety bush bridge, I came across a little oasis, a running stream you can just pull up to and spread out. Having a campfire (plenty of fallen branches you can just self collect), cool off in the crystal clear river, have a pony/horse ride and a bonus, great camping neighbours plus the facilities were clean and well cared for. For $34 a night, what great value for a family break (or recharging your batteries by yourself should you choose to, I did and it was perfect), I can't wait to come back with friends and family and show them my discovery. There are so few camping grounds where you can have a campfire and where dogs are in total haven as they happily roam around and befriend the 'next door' neighbours dogs. Turon Gates has it all in as natural a camping environment as you will find.

Room Tip: Have not tried the cabins yet but it is on my list, had a look around where they are positioned and you cannot get it more peaceful.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank coby1956
Reviewed December 6, 2012

The mountain cabins in this resort are modern well kept and so well sited that one is unaware of anyone else in the large area of this resort.The only neighbours were wallabies, wombats, goannas, goats,and a myriad of bird life,- easily viewed from balcony which was virtually at treetop level.A great place to get away from it all with a DVD player the only modern distraction.We visited the camping ground and it looked ideal for families with young children.The gravel roads around the property are in very good condition and our small sedan was quite adequate.We had very friendly chat with Sonya the owner and also the manager who were most helpful in directing us to suitable fishing spots etc.Our fourth visit here but not our last.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family