“Cosy restaurant with great food.”
Review of Piedmont Inn

Piedmont Inn
Ranked #1 of 37 Restaurants in Blackheath
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Piedmont Inn has been Blackheath's iconic restaurant since 1982. The Italian theme of the restaurant still exists and we continue to serve a great range of pastas, pizzas and meals to suit every taste for both dine and takeaway. We only use whole foods and where possible preservative free. We have Gluten free options in pizza and pasta and right through our menu. We also cater for all dietary and/or personal needs. We are a relaxed, family friendly and customer focused restaurant. This buzzy little restaurant is one for you to put on the list to try, bookings are strongly recommended to avoid disappointment. BYO - Bring your own alcohol - Wine, Beer
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Cozy place with a nice variety of dishes on the menu- many gluten free options as well.
I enjoyed the pork chop cooked in milk with Brussel Sprouts and potatoes- amazingly good. Very happy to pop into this place on a rainy Friday in the mountains. This is a BYO establishment- so be sure to stop by the bottle shop first, just around the corner to accompany your great dinner & friendly service.

There are newer reviews for Piedmont Inn

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed a night in Blackheath with the family for a short trip away.

Decided to have a pizza and pasta as the kids would enjoy it.

I shared a Hawaiian pizza with my son and spaghetti bolognase with my daughter my wife had minestrone soup.

The soup and pasta were average but perfectly eatable but the pizza I thought was awful, instead of having chopped up ham through the pizza it had one piece of poor quality bacon on top of each piece which made it difficult to eat as it just peeled off.

The amount of cheese was way over the top,it tasted and looked like a whole block of coon cheese had been melted over the top, I like cheese but not that much! The base was average as was the pizza sauce.

Overall disappointing and won't be back.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Food was OK, not great, not awful, just ok. Service from one waitress was great but she was behind the coffee machine most of the evening. The other waitress was incredibly rude, arrogant and neglectful. She needs a lesson in the true meaning of "hospitality". 3 people in our group, entrees served, 1 forgotten. It was served as the others had finished theirs. No apology, nothing. AND it was burnt! Then served mains straight away, no chance to digest the entrée! Then ordered dessert, informed what we ordered was "all out". When the waitress was asked to checked what was actually available from the menu, we were told we were wasting her time!! So.......we left. As I said - incredibly rude.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Enjoyed two meals at this small restaurant. First attempt failed due to fact that they are always heavily booked, so took precaution of booking for two evenings. Excellent pizzas - three sizes available - and reasonably priced - $22 for medium (good sized) pizza. Young staff pleasant and accommodating.

1  Thank Pachydiplax
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I'd like to be able to write a review about this restaurant but they left me, my wife, two children and two friends standing on the Great Western Highway in cold, rainy weather.

We made a table reservation for six people for 8pm, expecting a phone call closer to that time to confirm. We drove from Katoomba but by 8:15pm we still didn't have a table. A waitress says it may be another half hour...

At 9:00pm we finally receive a call saying our table is ready... too late. Ended up having an amazing meal with a fantastic atmosphere at Gustissimo in Katoomba.