“Great find”

Dining options: Reservations
Canberra, Australia
“Great find”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Great service. Good serving sizes that were well presented. Side dishes were good value especially the steamed vegetables. The dessert menu is extensive and mouth watering so don't each too much for mains - or go in just for dessert and coffee!

Visited April 2014

Albury, Australia
“A Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Didn't book 5 members of our family for a birthday, when arrived about 1pm on a Sunday only customers but welcome was very friendly, The eating area was small and very artistically decorated with corrugated iron walls. with a warm log fire going. Our entree's were just superb my Prawn & Scallop crepe was much larger than anticipated, just beautiful, , others had the duck pate which left them wanting more, my lamb shank main was cooked to perfection as were the fettuccine pasta and the other Wagyu beef steak in a pepper sauce. We were overfed to have desserts. Will definitely come here again there are several birthdays later this year.

• Visited April 2014
Sydney, Australia
“What a surprise!”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I ate here a few years ago and thought I'd never return because it was less than sterling - sloppy presentation and over cooked steaks. The 'murder mystery' sign on the fence also put me off. Cool in the 1980's, not so much now.
I was in a party with a few friends who had booked and I wasn't keen but went along with it.
We got there and were greated by John, the restaurant manager. What a truly lovely guy! Polite and so warm and friendly. What a change from before! We had water on the table immediately, then drinks followed. Our table was served by Annabelle who was just lovely but who knew when to be attentive and when to back off. She also knows her wines and was able to recommend us something to drink. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble and she arranged with the chef (also called John) to cook something slightly different for one of us who has a food allergy. Apparently there is a new chef since January and oh my god, does he know his food!
Everything was beautiful.
The steak was cooked to absolute perfection and the pasta was divine. I braved dessert and had this incredible meringue with a balsamic and beetroot ice cream which was absolutely mind blowing.
Warning - the portions are HUGE but they will pack them up for you to take home if you ask.
We had a great evening. Yes the place looks quirky, but hey, just go with it. The food and service is worth it.
I was told the restaurant is going to have a new menu in the future months and that things were changing a little to bring the restaurant up to date which I really look forward to seeing.
Thank you John, John and Annabelle for making our night so memorable.

We will be back.

miami
“Great food great service great atmosphere.”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

This trattoria come restaurant come cafe is a hidden gem we're so glad we found.
The food delicious the service warm and engaging.
The gruyere and leek tart was like heaven. The pastry was perfection.
The dressing on the snapper should be bottled and sold, not to mention the meringue with beetroot and balsamic ice cream. What a combination. I had no idea food like this existed.
Anyone reading this should do themselves a favor and visit this little gem. John & john you have restored our faith in blue mountains dining.
The decor is quirky, it doesn't make any sense but it certainly works! We loved it and yes we'll be back.

2 Thank JP j
Sydney, Australia
“Great Food, friendly staff”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Food was amazing we were there last weekend... The staff were new but it didn't show.. They made a mistake with my dessert, but fixed it straight away. It didn't look much on the outside but looks aren't always right. The food was tasty and lots of it, my steak was cooked right which is good. We came for a couples weekend and enjoyed the food so much that we are booking another holiday weekend and bringing the family as its a place my daughter would love as well. So impressed its been a long time that a have been able to rave about a restaurant... we had amarini rice balls off the special/ salt and pepper squid, main chicken marsala, T-bone steak with prawns, dessert chocolate charlotte and white chocolate brulee... amazing food we will be back..