“eat on recommendation”

St Mounts Boutique Hotel & Trattoria
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2013

walked into a pleasant atmosphere. initial service was very good. however it tailed off when the waiter twice forget part of an order.
meal over 4 people was good.= then when a port was asked for he came back to tell us there is no port (of any brand) no offer of any other after dinner drink. we quickly got the message. should not have been a great problem at 9PM.
all this after 1 couple had been there 2 months earlier with glowing remarks

Jack A N, Owner at St Mounts Boutique Hotel & Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for your review about my restaurant and not being able to have any port. That was my fault, I ran out of time to buy it that day after the group the previous night drank it all! I just didn't have any spare time on my hands, but rest assured, we have port now!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We had dinner here on a Saturday night, he made the arrangements when checking in which was a breeze. Where do I start, the poor young waitress was ran off her feet and the service was just a bit too quick. We started off with the garlic bread which was 7 out of 10; only issue was the garlic something in the taste and I missed the little bitty bits of garlic. We also had the salmon bruschetta, nice. I feel the bread was pre fried, as the toast had a cold oily feel and taste. On to the mains, we both decided to have a dish off the “grill” and ordered our sauces to the side (which when arrived it was not to the side, a shame). The other half had the rib eye, it was passable, and we questioned each other if something in taste was missing with both our beef. I had the Prosciutto wrapped bit of beef, the first bit was good, and then I hit the huge layer of sinew 2 cm by 5 cm (see image), which ruined that rest of the meal. I am very glad that just this meal was not charged. Had every intention to have dinner here the follow night and decided no thank you. Would we try there again no.

Jack A N, Owner at St Mounts Boutique Hotel & Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Thank you for your comments, we are very proud of our restaurant and we receive many, many great reviews. Our meat selection is sourced from local Blue Mountains pastures and almost every night, we receive accolades from patrons about our beef. it is a shame that your meat dish didn't come up to your expectations, THAT IS WHY WE REFUNDED YOUR MONEY.
We want all of our customers to leave our restaurant happy, and we thought you had.

Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Beautifully articulated menu so hard to decide what to have!!! The veal Marsala and homemade gnocchi were beautiful with flavours in all aspects of the dish complementing each other. We just walked in of the street and will definetley be back next time we drive through... Thank you for an amazing meal!

Jack A N, Owner at St Mounts Boutique Hotel & Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your dinner with us. Our chefs are working so hard to create new dishes and I know that our homemade Gnocchi was made with love!

Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

We went to the resturant on Saturday night with another couple to celebrate my husbands 50th. We all enjoyed our meal (even though hubby's steak was closer to well done then medium rare). 4 people three course including wine was just over $200 and we where more then happy with that bill.
Our only complaint (to strong a word) was that they where only two wait staff on and with a large party on the other side of the resturant they where earning their money and sometimes hard to get hold off, but they where both lovely and where handling the busyness well and slways pleasant. Overall a great night out and one we will be sure to revisit sometime in the future :-)

Thank you for your review of our restaurant. I'm glad you enjoyed your night, and yes the waitstaff were busy, we had a staff member off sick that night and so we were a tad stretched, but our staff do try hard, and that's all I ask of them. Hope to see you again in the near future - you can then see the new changes to the restaurant!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Great food and service. And value also, which is rare in some of the tricked-up places up here in the mountains.

1  Thank noel O

We try to please! Hope to see you again.