Redleaf Resort
Blackheath Motor Inn(Blackheath)(Great Value!)
$79
Parklands Country Gardens and Lodges(Blackheath)(Great Value!)
$182
$176
$72
The George Boutique Hotel(Blackheath)(Great Value!)
$131
  • Breakfast included
$141
$137
Priceline
Sky Rider Motor Inn(Katoomba)(Great Value!)
$69
$64
Priceline
Alpine Motor Inn(Katoomba)(Great Value!)
$91
$73
$79
$77
The Carrington Hotel(Katoomba)(Great Value!)
$153
$90
$137
All reviewsgames roomblue mountainsthe main roadtable tennisarcade gamesblossom treeclean roomsfamily roomquiet locationpool and saunafree dvdssouthern hemisphereelectric blanketsroom was largenice environmentpieboard games
Reviewed February 23, 2012

We were a group of ten seniors staying for the first time at the Red Leaf Resort (due to the location next to Blackheath Golf Club). On checking in at different times during our day of arrival some were asked if they would be dining and said they were not sure. Others were not asked. At around 6-00pm I spoke to the lady manager and asked if we could eat there later that evening and she said it was too late as the chef needed more notice. Her manner was very abrupt and this led to a discussion about the fact that we had noted some poor reviews on tripadvisor that stated others had had bad experiences as guests at this hotel. The managers response to that was to say "So why have you all bothered to come here?". Well one thing is for sure, we wont be returning.
It's such a pity as all of the other staff we met in Blackheath Golf Club, local coffee shops and a delightful restaurant at the nearby St.Mounts Hotel were very friendly and helpful.
The Red Leaf management needs either intense training in customer service or replacing!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank valed47
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Last Sunday at about 8:45pm , my husband and myself arrived at the Redleaf Resort. There was no sign saying no vacancies but when we asked for a room they said none were made up and that they had a hard day as they had a two golf groups over the weekend.
They said they were the relief manager and that they had set the alarms. They also said if there was not a booking they do not make a room up on Sundays.

We went to the Blackheath Motor Inn and were given excellent service. The rooms although slightly small were as well or better fitted out than the Redleaf Resort

We have stayed at Redleaf 2 weeks before and it was average but as they appeared to not have a lot of guests we thought we would go back there. At the time the pool pump was not working and we hoped we could have a swim this time.

I had rung the previous day and asked about a double room for 3 nights starting Sunday and was advised they had several vacacies. I also asked if it was raining as thw work we needed to do was outside. If it had been fine we would have come up on the Satuday and stayed 4 nights.

If I had been advised on my previous stay or by the person who had answered the phone on Saturday, that I needed to make a booking or that there would be nothing available when we arrived Sunday, I would have probally made a booking on the spot.

I will not take a chance on getting accomodation at the Readleaf Resort in future

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Christine-Worker
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I stayed at Redleaf one night. I had booked three rooms for my family. All the 3 rooms were clean, spacious and welcoming. The bathrooms were very small and had not been updated in many years.The hotel is located away from the main highway so very quiet, everyone enjoyed a good night's sleep.
As the restaurant was closed we walked over the road to Blackheath golf club where very reasonable priced meals meals are served.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank inja48
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Last weekend we have decided to have a short break and head off to Blue Mountains.Most of the hotels in Katoomba were booked out, so Blackheath was the next choice (10 km from Katoomba). We have picked Redleaf Resort, it's little bit out of the village so car is essential. Place is well kept, we had a room for 3, which was nice and clean.Tea & coffee is provided, beds were nice and firm, bathroom clean and well stocked. Only thing I can personally point out is the receptionist, who could do with a little smile and the fact that dinner was not not available that night. Overall pleasant stay, will stay again if in the area!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Our first morning in the restaurtant for breakfast was very slow, after finally being seated we found the buffet mostly empty and no one seemed too eager to fill it even with several other people entering after us. Our towels were left on the floor for the cleaning staff to collect and replace with fresh ones, as stated to do so on the signage in the bathroom. Upon return that late afternoon we were a bit shocked, the bins werent emptied, the towels were still in a pile on the floor, the beds not touched and our dirty coffe cups still on the bench, when i told staff, of this i got the response of "oh we had a bus load leave this morning so it was pretty flat out, we must have missed it, it wasnt intentional." This had me feeling like a was a burden on staff and that they had just run out of time and didnt seem to fit our room into their busy schedule. When my husband was setteling our accounts he was asked how his stay was, he say it wasnt too bad except for the fact our room wasnt touched yesterday, the manager then handed him one of the trip advisor card and said here ya go you can comment on here. For a 4 star place, and $230 a night it was truely appauling, i wouldnt rate it 3 stars.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family