“So good we would have gone back the next night if it wasnt shut on Mondays!”
Review of Vesta - CLOSED

Vesta
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Vesta is quite difficult to find but is next to the Commonwealth Bank in Govetts Leap Rd. This is my only criticism! Service was great - food is kind of Italian but best described as contemporary with a twist. On the recommendation of staff we had a shared seafood platter which came with home-baked grainy bread. Plenty of choice and beautifully presented on a rustic board. Regretted not having my camera - nearly to beautiful to eat! Highly recommended - will be back!

There are newer reviews for Vesta

Reviewed December 3, 2013

We recently ate at Vesta, driving all the way from Katoomba to do so!!! We were in the Blue Mountains for 2 nights and this was on our 'must do' list and so glad we did. It was definitely worth it. This little restaurant has a very simple decor but still manages a great ambiance, even if a little noisy. Service is very friendly and efficient. We shared a paella which I have to say was as good as, if not better than, many that I have eaten in Spain. It was beautifully cooked with lovely fresh ingredients. If I lived in the area, this would be one of my regular haunts. Thanks Vesta.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

My partner & I frequent this restaurant usually every 4-6 weeks. It quickly became our favourite restaurant because of the great friendly service, the home cooked food favouring seasonal local ingredients (where possible) and the atmosphere. The dishes and specials change continually but I have to say my favourite is the antipasto platter which comes beautifully presented on a wooden cutting board. The other favourites have been the slowly cooked meats which won't disappoint in portion size and fall off the bone. Simply beautiful. When friends come to visit, we most often go to Vesta.
Towards the end of the night ask the staff if you can see the old oven they use to cook the meals in (there is only a few left in Australia).

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Despite the recent bush fires this restaurant was almost full on a Wednesday evening while Blackheath itself seems very quiet. We now know why. Fantastic food, open kitchen, great service and attention to detail all round made this a night to remember. A special mention for the bread-just delicious. Cannot fault this place. Thanks to all involve.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Thanks David and his staff for a superb lunch. The flavours of the fresh figs and mozzarella salad for entree were outstanding - that was only the start. Slow roasted pork belly with baked carrots and potatoes, accompanied with fresh asparagus, broccoli and beans melted in our mouths. Fresh herbs complemented the vegetables. A nice touch was when the waiter carved the pork belly at the table. Sadly, there was no room for dessert, but we will be back to try the other mains and especially the desserts.

David and the other waitperson (sorry, we didn't catch his name), offered friendly and down to earth service, regularly and unobtrusively refilling our water glasses. The quality and standard of wines offered by the glass enhanced the meal.

Thanks for a great time!