Blackheath Motor Inn
Parklands Country Gardens and Lodges(Blackheath)(Great Value!)
$182
Hotels.com
Redleaf Resort(Blackheath)
$107
$104
$72
The George Boutique Hotel(Blackheath)(Great Value!)
$131
  • Breakfast included
$140
Sky Rider Motor Inn(Katoomba)(Great Value!)
$69
$62
Agoda.com
Alpine Motor Inn(Katoomba)(Great Value!)
$91
$84
Priceline
$79
$77
The Carrington Hotel(Katoomba)(Great Value!)
$107
$90
Hotels.com
$137
All reviewslight sleeperdeluxe roomtrain noiseblue mountainshot showerfriendly ownersgreat western highwaydark woodfresh milkspent nights hereattending a weddingrestaurants and pubsshared gardenoutdoor seatinglast minute bookingmain roadon arrival
Reviewed March 18, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights with significant other. We had a lovely time -- the owner was friendly and helped us with dinner reservations, tramp planning (even photo copying trail guide pages for us to take with us). The location is perfect if you want to either take the train to other cities or just hang out in Blackheath, and is great for getting to the best walks like Grand Canyon and Govett's Leap. The room was spotless and plenty big (we paid for the upgrade to deluxe room -- well worth it based on what we saw of the standard rooms).

Yes, the motel is right on the highway, across from the train tracks, so if you are a light sleeper this is not the place for you (didn't bother us at all).

Room Tip: Pay for the upgrade to deluxe so you are not adjacent to highway and have direct access to the cute courtyard area.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Baxter D
Reviewed March 15, 2012

On the main road so rooms at the front could be a bit noisy, we were at the back and had no problem. Good sized and nicely furnished room. Clean and very comfortable. Easy walk to restaurants and shops in Blackheath.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LancashireLass21
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I've been a return visitor to this motel, since 2004. I'll be going back for the mediaeval festival in April this year. I've found the staff friendly and helpful. The rooms are always clean. If there are problems they are sorted out promptly when the managers are told. There is one other motel, and one botique motel in Blackheath both are located on the Great Western Highway, so the noise is always going to be there. I don't mind the trucks or trains as they're all muted. It's absloute peace, when compared to the New Ivanhoe hotel, friends and I stayed at a few years, back. My friend and I had the rooms over the function room, and were kept awake till 3am with the dukebox going. A third friend was treated to the sounds of a drunken brawl drifting up from the street. No thanks! Give me the peace and quiet of the Blackheath Motor Inn.

Room Tip: rooms at southern end, and eastern side of complex will be the quietest
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Sheelagh C
Reviewed January 10, 2012

Location :
The motel is located right on the Great Western Highway within walking distance from the Blackheath market area where there are several restaurants and delis.

FREE PARKING INCLUDED (Obviously since its a motor inn)

Rooms :
What I loved the most is that the rooms were dark wood panelled and it felt very warm and cosy. In addition there was on-fluorescent lighting which accentuated this feeling. Bathroom was clean and both hot and cold water flow was satisfactory.

I had booked a room for 2 persons, but the one that I was allocated was for 3 (a double bed and another additional one) and it was quite big. Given the architecture, I got the feeling that the double bed room would be pretty big as well.

Rooms was equipped with both cooling and heating (separate units), toaster and refrigerator.

There are 2 kinds of rooms. Ones facing on to the highway and others opening onto a beautiful garden. Needless to say, the ones facing onto the highway are cheaper and a little noisier. Also as far as I remember, the ones at the back are larger catering to bigger families.

Service & Facilities:
I was staying in about 7 different hotels during my trip and I had a file printouts of all hotel bookings, air tickets, etc. I had never needed it until this point since everything was on the system everywhere. This is the first place I was asked for it and to my chagrin I realized that I had lost it. Anyways, the lady at the reception was quite accomodating and was willing to accept my photo-id as a substitute.

I also required an Australian electrical adapter and she allowed me to rummage through a pile of adapters that people had left behind (thanks guys, it wasnt a total loss after all) and I finally found one to borrow.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SauravDe
Reviewed January 7, 2012

at first this place seemed nice and the staff very friendly, willing to do anything for us. Once inside the room I found it to be cramped, dank, mouldy in some parts and quite loud.

Noise was a major issue for me as it is located adjacent to the main highway and main trainline which resulted in semi trucks and heavy rail passing through at all hours of the night. the double glazing windows seemed to be paper thin and the bedsheets unclean adding insult to injury.

the straw that broke the camel's back was the rudeness of the staff the next day and the blatant greed of them by creating farcical extra 'cleaning' to scab an extra $10 off us.

NEVER.STAYING.HERE.A-G-A-I-N!!!!

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Cosi555
BlackheathMotorInn, Owner at Blackheath Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2012

Dear cosi555,
Thank you for your recent review ,but it is shame you chose to omit several facts in the account of your stay.
When phoning to book, you requested a DOUBLE room with a view and were advised that only Deluxe rooms or the Spa Suite were looking onto the gardens, the Standard rooms that had that outlook were booked.
The Standard rooms at the front of the motel were available and you said that would be fine.

Yes I was nice and friendly when you checked in and I was again when you came back later to see if you could have a room away from the road.Yes you could but you didn't want to pay the extra, so again you said you would stay in the room booked.No mention was then made of the room being cramped, dank, mouldy or loud.If mentioned AND had it been true, every effort would have been made to rectify the situation. However,the rooms are regularly spring cleaned and cleaned daily to a very high standard( as noted at the last AAA inspection)
You knew when you booked that you would be close to the road, so if noise was an issue for you why go ahead and book?
You were also mistaken in stating the sheets were unclean, my husband launders them and at all times clean fresh sheets are used.

Prior to you checking out I was advised that you had used both the Queen and Single beds, whilst booking and paying for a Double. On check out , you denied using the 2nd bed until I phoned the room and spoke again to housekeeper.You then claimed that you were not aware that Twin share was an extra $10.I then politely showed you on the website, where you initially inquired, the clause that states twin share is an extra $10.

I later apologized on your behalf,to the 2 elderly guests whose misfortune it was to be packing their car as your partner did a wheel spin in the gravel car park on departure.