Tripadvisor
Search
Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Great trip

We spent a beautiful day with Luis and Jonathan today.I lost count of the fish we caught! 8 hours... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Photofriday
Amazing day fishing and whale watching

We went out with Luis and Johnathon on a Thursday morning and couldn’t have had a better day. They... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
dllnbrwn72
Chicago, Illinois
via mobile

All reviews tuna fish red snapper clean boat knife skills recommend luis great trip hour trip banderas bay puerto vallarta spent days amazing ceviche sight seeing look forward to our next first class sea turtles seafood feast
Selected filters
Reviewed April 29, 2018

We traveled south along the beautiful coast from Yelapa to Chimo, and spent an exciting day catching 9 beautiful Red Snapper, and about 20 Bonito. Our Capitan for the day was Carlos, and Johnathan, the deck hand, really knew where to fish. Carlos made excellent Ceviche from the Bonito. He likes to cook, and I don't think I have has better Ceviche anywhere! Then we went to the Marietta Islands. We saw big green turtles, a manta rey, dolphins, blue footed boobies and a host of other birds along the way. We were fortunate to have a calm ocean. Absolutely one of my best days of fishing!!!

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed April 23, 2018 via mobile

Capt Luis is great! I’ve been fishing around the world with many captains, and he is right up there with the best. Very friendly and accommodating. Great knowledge of the area and has the entire fishing community behind him. Was hoping to get out to blue water on my trip, but conditions wouldn’t allow. Luis got on the horn, got some tips from some locals and made sure we were in the action. Couple quick Bonita for the best ceviche I’ve ever eaten made on board by the captain. Ended the day with a couple of grouper, we weren’t sure of the exact species but i will say they were some of the best I’ve ever eaten!! Hope to get back soon!

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank Jim L
Reviewed March 31, 2018

Had the pleasure of going out on a fishing excursion with Captain Luis and his awesome deck hand Jonathan. My husband and I had our youngest daughter with us and they really helped make this really special and fun for her too!! Best time with the nicest people. Couldn't recommend any higher!!

2  Thank tortillabandita
Reviewed March 28, 2018

Captain Luis is AWESOME! We had a group of ten (5 guys, 5 girls) We first worked it out with him to get a private water taxi from PV to Yelapa. Then, one day, he took the guys on a fishing trip, which they absolutely loved, and then took us all on a snorkeling/seafood adventure the next day. It could not have been more fun. He is so friendly, reliable, and his attention to detail is impeccable. If you will be in Yelapa, contact Captain Luis!!!

1  Thank SamanthaW3006
Reviewed March 23, 2018

My brother in law and nephew and had an amazing fishing trip. You never know what's going to happen fish-wise when you go out, but it was a banner day as we landed over 30 fish, with the vast majority Bonita. But what impressed me about the adventure was the professionalism of Luis and Carlos -- they worked really hard to get us into some fish and with two of them things were always handled.

Our experience when heading back to Yelapa really sums up how great they are. Luis noticed a large number of birds and a school of Jack fish several hundred yards away. He headed over immediately and already was prepared with two rods rigged up in the front of the boat ready and waiting for some Jack fishing. My brother in-law made one cast and got one on the line -- and if you haven't had a Jack on your line before you're in for a lot of fun. Wouldn't have happened if the rigs weren't prepared before leaving Yelapa.

I can't recommend Luis and his crew more highly. In fact, we used them a couple of days later for a trip to the Marietas...and it was awesome!