Tripadvisor
Search
Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Great trip

We spent a beautiful day with Luis and Jonathan today.I lost count of the fish we caught! 8 hours... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Photofriday
Amazing day fishing and whale watching

We went out with Luis and Johnathon on a Thursday morning and couldn’t have had a better day. They... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
dllnbrwn72
Chicago, Illinois
via mobile

All reviews tuna fish red snapper clean boat knife skills recommend luis great trip hour trip banderas bay puerto vallarta spent days amazing ceviche sight seeing look forward to our next first class sea turtles seafood feast
Selected filters
Reviewed March 28, 2018

Captain Luis is AWESOME! We had a group of ten (5 guys, 5 girls) We first worked it out with him to get a private water taxi from PV to Yelapa. Then, one day, he took the guys on a fishing trip, which they absolutely loved, and then took us all on a snorkeling/seafood adventure the next day. It could not have been more fun. He is so friendly, reliable, and his attention to detail is impeccable. If you will be in Yelapa, contact Captain Luis!!!

1  Thank SamanthaW3006
Reviewed March 23, 2018

My brother in law and nephew and had an amazing fishing trip. You never know what's going to happen fish-wise when you go out, but it was a banner day as we landed over 30 fish, with the vast majority Bonita. But what impressed me about the adventure was the professionalism of Luis and Carlos -- they worked really hard to get us into some fish and with two of them things were always handled.

Our experience when heading back to Yelapa really sums up how great they are. Luis noticed a large number of birds and a school of Jack fish several hundred yards away. He headed over immediately and already was prepared with two rods rigged up in the front of the boat ready and waiting for some Jack fishing. My brother in-law made one cast and got one on the line -- and if you haven't had a Jack on your line before you're in for a lot of fun. Wouldn't have happened if the rigs weren't prepared before leaving Yelapa.

I can't recommend Luis and his crew more highly. In fact, we used them a couple of days later for a trip to the Marietas...and it was awesome!

Reviewed March 20, 2018

During a recent visit to Yelapa, my husband and I had the opportunity for two, day long fishing trips with Captain Luis. What an amazing experience! Besides catching a ton of fish, especially a large tuna, we say whales, sea turtles, dolphin, and other sea life and were treated to wonderful ceviche made fresh with the fish we had just caught! an amazing experience that we are excited to do again soon.

Reviewed March 16, 2018

Booked a one day charter with Garcia and had a wonderful time. Myself, my son and three of his friends (ages 18-20). The captain and first mate were friendly, knowledgeable and helped make a great trip even more memorable. Booking was simple, we were able to pay via PayPal (not many take credit cards) and the woman that helped us in the booth was wonderful. Although we did not catch the rooster fish I was after (they do call it fishing not catching) we filled our cooler with more fish than we could possibly eat, including delicious red snapper.

They even went above and beyond and helped us secure travel back to Puerto Vallarta via one of their boats on our departure.

I would book again with them without hesitation and believe we will if travels lead us back to the wonderful village of Yelapa.

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed February 5, 2018

Luis took my son and I on a four hour charter and we had a great time. We caught bonita, mackerel and a few jacks. He was really relaxed and helpful to both of us. While some operators in Yelapa may charge less, they're not nearly as professional or ethical as Luis. The highlight of the trip was seeing a mother and calf humpback whale. Luis was happy to get us to a safe distance and let us take it in for a long time. Great trip and would love to do it again.

Date of experience: January 2018