“Great food & view”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

If Gabriella & her orchestra is playing, it's perfect!!! Have enjoyed it 2 years in a row & will definitely return. Have especially enjoyed the seafood.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We visited this restaurant when we were in Yelapa, the view, food and service are second to none! Great experience and even better pina coladas!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Me and my husband stayed in YELAPA for a week for COUPLES RETREAT. What a beautiful place to have a vacation. For a end of the vacation we went for dinner to El cerrito bar. For dinner we had Black pepper crusted yelowfin tuna steak with citrus and pink peppercorn reduction.
The most enjoyable dinner we had. SERGIO Martinez was very helpful with suggestion for dinner. Hi also let us try the Raicilla. That nite they had a live music. Gabriella played great music. Great location and view is spectacular. Really recomended to everyone.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

A friend recommended El Cerrito, and it's completely knocked us out. Maybe the best grilled octopus I've ever, equal to the best meal I ever had in Greece. Amazing fresh Tuna (the fish is all local fishermen) over a potatoes infused with spinach. A salad with a cousin of Mezcal called racilla that mixed organic greens and nuts and dried fruits--one of the best salads I've ever had. They used racilla mixed with coconut in a shrimp dish as well and it was great. We ate mango crepes for desert. Everything is fresh, but everything has an innovative twist and the prices are totally reasonable, maybe 10% more than the much more mundane food at the other places we've eaten, like Cafe Bahia.

It also has a great view. Our only complaint is that it's only open for dinners, otherwise we'd be eating every single meal here.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I just got married with an american beauty and she loves mexican culture. we wanted something special for our honey moon, so I decided to take her to a beautiful place: Yelapa. we stayed there for 6 days and never imagine we could find such a marvelous place for dinner. I've seen the reviews of this place and I agree... this place is so underestimated! besides the view, the service and the menu are excellent! prices are reasonable, furthermore they take plastic. I had the lasagne, this rare thing 'huatlicoche' tastes like nothing I've ever tried before, unique, delicious! We went to el cerrito 2 nights in a row and we're planning to come back next season. There is no other place like this in Yelapa.