“A real find!”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 3, 2012

A 5 star restaurant in Yelapa? You bet! Great food, wonderful view, staff, all at about 1/2 of what you would pay in the States. Don't miss the opportunity to enjoy this real find.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

This place was so very good it's hard to find where to start. We were recommended to try it by Sergio at the Water Taxi office in Puerto Vallarta. I now have ultimate respect for him.
First the view is magical. You are perched on a hill above the main "path" leading out of town. The view is over the bay but also of the town and surrounding hills. That alone would make it special but then the large Margaritas arrived and they were perfect.
The menu was not typical Mexican fare. It was what I would call gourmet. We both decided on the Pacific Shrimp with coconut and dried fruit Risotto. The shrimp were huge and expertly cooked and seasoned. The Risotto was what blew us away. I have never had anything that tasted that good in my life. The dried fruit was just the right amount and the coconut was not over used. I couldn't think of anything better for us celebrating our 25th anniversary.
The cost of the meal was moderate, but it wasn't what I would call cheap. It was a much better value overall because of the taste and the wonderful service, and the view was a bonus.
We will go back to Yelapa. We will go back to El Cerrito!
This was the best experience we have had on our trip and yet we had several wonderful experiences. We will tell everyone we know to go to Yelapa and to visit El Cerrito.

1  Thank 7traintripper7
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We found out that's what the name means. High on the hill in Yelapa a balcony overlooking the bay. Very upscale for the little town of Yelapa. I ask the waiter if the fresh fish was swimming in the bay this morning...his response was no it was swimming this afternoon. I tried the tuna in citrus sauce. The fish looked like a filet,about three inches thick and seared with a hint of pink in the middle. I liked the sauce with the fish but it over powered the vegies. My husband tried the mahi in a beet creme sauce. I was a little concerned about his choice since he is not much of a fish eater unless it's fried. It was excellent. Great service also.

1  Thank mogcambomama
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Just got back from a wonderful vacation in Yelapa. Even though we never had a bad meal at any of the restaurants in Yelapa, the El Cerrito was by far the best place to eat. The outdoor atmosphere and views are great but the food is outstanding. Four of us would eat out there and were never disappointed. Food presentation rivals any upscale restaurant in the states. They even cooked our Mahi Mahi for us after a day of fishing. Delicious!

1  Thank JodyAlaskabound
Reviewed November 18, 2012

El Cerrito is open again for high season. Is up the hill from the pueblo on your right on a high point with great views of the bahia. One of the best wait staffs in all of Yelapa with an outstanding menu and equally tasty food. The crepes with warm strawberries and drizzled chocolate makes me forget how good the main courses are.

I like the outdoor "al fresco" dining. Everything is quality here. You can be rest assured of a pleasant dining experience with fantastic atmosphere. Buen provecho!!

1  Thank GeorgeBerry