“Best Burger In Yelapa”

Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Very gracious hosts, food was always great and worth the wait. This our go to place when we exploring.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I’ve been around. As a young man I worked in customer service for a major airline.
I’m currently a semi retired event planner hosting trips in the Caribbean and Mexico.
I had the best meal in my entire life at Shanbhala in Yelapa, Mexico. I can’t say it plainer than that.

Getting to Shanbhala is not for divas. After you get over your fear of traveling to Mexico, you need to fly into Puerto Vallarta,
taxi to Boca de Tomatlan, take a water taxi to Yelapa, climb up several stairs to the main road and you’re there. It’s worth the
journey. You host Raymond & Violeta will astound and satisfy your every taste bud.

Cap.n Paul

1  Thank PAUL M
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I absolutely loved Shambhala! The service was fantastic, their smoothies are to die for, and their enchiladas were the best! I went back three times in the week I was there. Delicious!

1  Thank CelestialGraffiti
Reviewed December 3, 2012

The owner, Ray, is a wonderful host and makes the best drinks South of the Border. The food is wonderful also.

1  Thank WoodyMissoula
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Call me lucky. I visited Shambhala within the first hour I arrived in Yelapa. Ray, the owner is a hard working and a big passion for food. You can taste in every bite. So was a big, pleasant first impression for me in Yelapa.

In low season (May - November) Ray is open for dinner only Monday thru Saturday around 6:00 p.m. On Sundays, wife Violetta prepares traditional birria tacos and sopas. Soooo.... good. When you see this many locals eating here you know it's tasty!! Suggest a cold beer or ice water with your order. You will need it.

Upstairs you will find a great view of the bahia which enhances your dining experience. The service is not fast by any means but this is Yelapa. No hurries. No worries. Try the Chicken Catalina or my favorite half chicken, half arrochera beef fahitas with rice or a baked potato. Delisioso! Buen Provecho!!