“Shrimp Lagunita”
Review of Tres Amigos - CLOSED

Tres Amigos
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Bar
Dining options: Buffet, Outdoor Seating
Description: The restaurant is open to the public, wonderful beach setting, solid food offerings, fresh fish and great desserts
Alberta, Canada
“Shrimp Lagunita”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

When my husband heard shrimp and bacon in the same sentence he was sold. We stayed at Hotel Lagunita and found the wait staff very friendly and accomodating. I was under the weather one day and they let my husband bring my food to me in the room. We ate here often and we were never disappointed. The spinach salad is definately worth a try as well!

Visited March 2013

San Francisco, California
“Delicious breakfast on the beach”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

The breakfast was fantastic, really delicious, and the waitress was very friendly. Service was slow but who cares? You are sitting on the beach in Yelapa.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank gracesfsf
Snohomish, WA
“Our first dining experience in Mexico”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We traveled on Thanksgiving Day (USA), made it from the airport to the Pier, took the water taxi and arrived at Hotel Lagunita in amazement of the beauty of the surroundings, dropped our gear off and headed out to see what the place was about. We got a drink at the bar and sat in the reclining beach chairs to "drink it all in". They were the best Margaritas we had ever had.

Since we had never experienced beach front restaurants before we we a bit confused about where the restaurant actually was. Sure we saw many small tables under thatched roof umbrella shades along the beach in front of the bar, and a large covered area that appeared to be a dance floor, but nothing that looked like what we thought of as a restaurant. It was so fun to get the answer to "where's the restaurant?". "Right here, anywhere you want to sit". We looked at each other with big smiles and chose the closest table to the water.

Our waitress light the candle and gave us menus. The selection was wonderful and unexpected fare (remember we had never been to Mexico before and only used to "Americanized" Mexican restaurants). The appetizer was perfectly cooked coconut shrimp. I had some local fresh fish dish and me wife chose a special salad. Both were beautifully presented and absolutely delicious. The wait staff was attentive and not hovering as if the could sense what we might need...how great is that? We had a second round of drinks and we charged it to our room.

The next day we had a wonderful Mexican breakfast, again on the beach, and charged everything to our room. One more breakfast there the day we left and I was amazed at how small the bill actually was. It was so small I mentioned it to the staff and they double checked all the prices and confirmed they charged for everything. It was some of the best value for the flavor, quality, and service. Even if you aren't staying at Hotel Lagunita please consider having at least one meal at the Restaurant and Bar at Hotel Lagunita.

I can say that we truely felt welcomed to Mexico.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank 7traintripper7
Richfield, Minnesota
“Good selection, good prices, yummy food”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

What more do you need to know?!? The food tastes great and is prepared well on the plate. The prices are very reasonable. The service is attentive!

We stayed at Hotel Lagunita so we naturally gravitated toward eating at their restaurant. After having explored Yelapa and sampled the fare at a few other restaurants, I'm confident to say that one not need venture beyond Lagunita's restaurant to get your fill of local flavor. Generous portions of burritos and tacos (and several more options too), well seasoned and with plenty of sides.

It's hard to tell where the beach and the restaurant begins, which means that you can get a drink delivered almost all the way down to the water. Sit back, relax and "enyoy!"

Visited January 2012
Idaho Falls, Idaho
“Open all Season”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

This is a reliable place to dine for consistancy in the food and open all year. Wait staff is efficient. Different chefs but the same menu can determine the flavor. I've eaten everything on the menu I think and it's all good. My husband and I love the tortilla soup and spinach goat cheese salad. The salads are big and full of fresh ingredients. The dinners are good size portions. You can eat Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. Drinks are good. Right on beach. The only downside I've experienced is that the Hotel is usually full and cater to the guests first so they may be closed for a wedding or service may be slow because of a Yoga group, but seldom is it a problem.

Visited December 2012