“Only worth it for the music”

Restaurant el Manguito
Ranked #5 of 24 Restaurants in Yelapa
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Anchorage, Alaska
“Only worth it for the music”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The food was average but a bit pricey. It is about 20 minutes walk from the pueblo and I wouldn't go there just for the food. But on Thursday nights during the high season a gringo band plays and it was heaps of fun! I wish I had eaten elsewhere in town before heading out though.

Visited March 2013

Alberta, Canada
“Yummy!”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stopped here for lunch after our hike to the waterfalls and it was well worth the stop. My husband went back another day for a second sampling of their shrimp quesadillas.

Visited March 2013
El Dorado, Kansas, United States
“Authentic Mexican Food Worth The Walk!!!”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

10 of us walked to El Manguito where we dinned under the stars and had the best authentic Mexican Food in Yelapa! The hike was well worth it, and it didnt really seem that far, probably mostly due to the wildlife and scenery that we encountered along the way. We walked there as the sun was setting so it was very romantic!

A lot of the entrees on the menu looked to be the same as what I see in the states. Our guide ensured us that they might carry the same name, but it was very unlikely that the meals were the same, as the food at El Manguito is "authentic Mexican food." Boy was he right!

The authentic Mexican food was the best I have ever had, simply delicious! Their Coconut Shrimp was another thing that I'd seen in the states so I was a little skeptical about ordering. It was another entree that our guide had suggested, and I was glad I listened, the Coconut shrimp was the best fried shrimp I'd ever tasted. Everyone in my party was thoroughly impressed with the food, drinks, service, atmosphere and the homemade ice cream we had for dessert!

Thanks El Manguito for the best "Authentic Mexican Food" ever,
Tylen

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Tylen H
Vancouver, Canada
“They Rock!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I loved this restaurant, right on the river and open to the neighborhood - awesome! Luis, the owner, has the perfect personality for this business- friendly and welcoming without cloying. His wife is an amazing cook... I think, hands down the best one in town. Luis better keep her happy cause someone might steal her. :) Just be careful of Luis' margaritas, they are lethal!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Traveling C
Airdrie, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Turkey dinner in Mexico”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

What can we say, personally this was my favorite meal of the trip. The food was great, the service excellent, company awesome, live entertainment and a good walk back for digestion.

Visited December 2012