“We loved our time in Yelapa”
Review of MiraMar Yelapa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Yelapa
MiraMar Yelapa
Ranked #1 of 6 Yelapa B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had a great time at the Palmita MiraMar in Yelapa. Our apt. was spacious and had just about everything we needed. It was convenient for us to contact Fernando and Kendra if we did need anything. We really enjoyed our friendly and generous hosts, such lovely people. Fernando took us out on his boat two times and we really enjoyed our time with him and eating the delicious fish we caught (the ceviche he made was the best I've ever had!).

Our patio view was amazing and it was the first vacation in which the entire family would read for hours at a time given the relaxing nature of the space. It was also wonderful that we felt safe having our kids (ages 8 and 10), who are usually on a tight leash, go on their own to get ice cream at the local tienda down the path and swim on their own near the beach beneath the patio. We felt so safe there! There were a fair amount of bugs that came through some tears in the screen but it would have been so much worse in a palapa. The seasonal rains brought out all sorts of critters. Was so glad to have shutting windows! And I have to mention the lovely views from inside the house. Just beautiful. The location was perfect and we were very glad to be on the pueblo side of the river. Very central to everything. We can't wait to go back and stay there again in the future. We also look forward to reconnecting with Fernando and Kendra.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 26, 2013

This was my first time travelling alone as well as my first time travelling outside of North America and it was by far a game changer for me. The experiences I had in this fabulous little village were beyond words for me, and have changed the way I see myself and the world around me. I started my trip feeling a little alone and overwhelmed but quickly overcame that by the amazing hosts, Kendra and Fernando, who not only made me feel welcomed but I left feeling like family. The people in the village also were just as amazing and welcoming. The only thing that I will offer as advice is if you are travelling there during low season be prepared to either make your own dinners or search out the restaurants that are still open as a lot of them are closed till November. But Kendra was awesome enough to make a list of the restaurants that they knew of that were still open so I didn't go hungry :-)
I stayed in Casa Manta Ray and the accomodations were great, the view will take your breath away and the location is perfect as it's right in the middle of anywhere you'll want to go.
All in all the experience was incredible and I'm already planning to take my kids there in 6 months from now!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This beautiful gem is just around the corner. You could not find a better place to relax and mingle with nature. It was our second trip. We both have Yelapa time on our smart phones just to pulse along with them. What can we say just come and taste it and you will definitely return. Lots of camarones, whales breaching in a distance, pelicans and huge monstrous iguanas. Go to Yelapa and hangout. The locals are very friendly and helpful. Hola is a common greeting and you hear it everywhere. The locals make you feel right at home. Take a trip to the islands and see these funny blue footed bubbies, whales and turtles. Have fun there and try Fernando’s ceviche. Kendra and Fernando are excellent hosts and this is not just a formal words.They are just fantastic. We stayed at Casa Palmita we prefer to have a big patio just to hang out there and have BBQ for evening meals and listening to the wave crashing on the shore. The view is just amazing. We miss Yelapa so much and promise to return.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rickkraj
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I got talked into a "babymoon". Never heard of it, but it goes something like this...."It's like a honeymoon, but it happens before the baby comes".

Sounds like a hoax to me, but I need little pursuading if you're talking about an international adventure.....call it what you want, I'll show up. So my wife and I headed to Yelapa, Mexico with our sites set on Miramar. Kendra and Fernando were amazing, communicating with us before the trip, picking us up at the airport, and making sure our stay was enjoyable and carefree. They both took special care to ensure that my pregnant wife felt at ease. The top floor room was brand new construction, clean, well built, with many comfortable amenities. We struggled to figure out the hot water with the shower, but overall that didn't diminish the enjoyment of our stay. The deck looks off into the ocean, a perfect breeze made lounging the activity of the week, and we had access to a small beach, free of people selling trinkets. We enjoyed falling asleep to the sound of crashing waves every night. The discoteca was rocking on Saturday night. Fernando took me on a fishing trip to catch lunch, then we travelled to the amazing Marieta islands for some snorkeling and relaxing. It seems everyone in the small town knows and respects Fernando, which made us both feel at ease.

Yelapa is a fishing village sandwiched between the Pacific Ocean and the jungle. No cars. You can only get there via a local fishing boat and you better be prepared to get your feet wet. A great week of Vit. D, whales, snorkeling, hiking, culture, and great food (I joke that everything was killed only 2 hours before we ate it). Highly recommended.....but don't tell anyone about it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed at Casa Palmita for a week and it was perfect! Kendra and Fernando were wonderful hosts. The Casa was clean and spacious and in a great location! Fernando met us at the airport and got us to the last boat to Yelapa that day just in time! It was a great adventure! Fernando took us out to Marietta Islands for snorkling and that was fantastic! We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I stayed in Kendra and Fernando's new place on the top floor for 6 nights then moved downstairs to the larger place when more folks arrived. I can't thank Kendra and Fernando enough for making my stay delightful. Fernando was available and accommodating, friendly and warm. Thank you, Fernando for doing so much for us! The places were clean and bright and decorated so nicely and well, the view...spectacular!

Vacationing in Yelapa was the best ever!! Just enough night/day life without the tourism craziness. It was perfect!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Eileen S
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had a great stay at Condo MantaRay in December 2010. Fernando was an excellent host, making sure we had everything we needed, while at the same time, giving us our privacy to enjoy this wonderful place. We took a few boat trips with him: fishing one day and day trips to nearby coastal towns. He is kind, friendly, and attentive to the needs of his guests. And he is a graet cook (fresh ceviche on the boat and cooked fish later at the house)! Kendra handled all our booking and reservations; she was efficient, friendly and fabulous....made everything easy. The two of them take pride in their places and it shows. We would stay with them again and definitely recommend it to all our friends and family.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yelapa
Hotel Lagunita
Hotel Lagunita
#2 of 4 in Yelapa
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & ...
#14 of 122 in Puerto Vallarta
#5 of 6 in Yelapa
Casa Pericos
Casa Pericos
#2 of 6 in Yelapa

Been to MiraMar Yelapa? Share your experiences!