“Relaxed at MiraMar”
Review of MiraMar Yelapa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Yelapa
MiraMar Yelapa
Ranked #1 of 6 Yelapa B&B and Inns
Cortez, Colorado
“Relaxed at MiraMar”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had a great stay at Condo MantaRay in December 2010. Fernando was an excellent host, making sure we had everything we needed, while at the same time, giving us our privacy to enjoy this wonderful place. We took a few boat trips with him: fishing one day and day trips to nearby coastal towns. He is kind, friendly, and attentive to the needs of his guests. And he is a graet cook (fresh ceviche on the boat and cooked fish later at the house)! Kendra handled all our booking and reservations; she was efficient, friendly and fabulous....made everything easy. The two of them take pride in their places and it shows. We would stay with them again and definitely recommend it to all our friends and family.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Boulder, Colorado, United States
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed in Casa Manta Ray for 10 nights in February. The location is the best in the area - incredible views, great accommodations, centrally located, and the best part.... Fernando and Kendra. Fernando is always around to make sure that everything is up to par with your Casa and both will help you organize any sort of activity you are interested in (certainly head out with Fernando to the Marietas or for fishing - guaranteed great time and the best ceviche you have ever tried!). Make sure and try the local taquerias run out of local homes and only open a couple days a week (usually weekends), live music (everywhere), if you are interested in playing some texas hold'em talk to Ray (owner or Shambala restaurant - incredible food too!!).

Thank you Kendra and Fernando for everything. We will be back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed March 27, 2013

MiraMar was the best. :)
I visited with a friend (see review below) and it could not have been an easier, more delightful experience.
This is Yelapa with all the comforts of home... and none of the stress. Right next to El Cerrito (good food - even better live music), a quick walk to the beach - it's in the middle of everything (and the middle of nowhere - all at once).
I can only hope we will be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Ukiah, California
Reviewed March 22, 2013

My friend and I spent a week in Yelapa this March. We could not have had a better time! Kendra and Fernando are excellent hosts, very helpful with great communication. Mira Mar's location could not be better, the views are perfect, and the accommodations clean and comfortable. We would highly recommend going out on an excursion with Fernando, hitting the beach every day, and exploring the town and trails.

Thank you for an amazing experience!

Room Tip: A perfect option for couples is the Casa Manta Ray, a family or friends should enjoy Casa Playita, a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We took a January 2013 trip to Yelapa with Miramar and stayed in Casa Manta Ray. First, it was so nice to have the folks at Miramar to help us navigate our arrival trip to Yelapa from Puerto Vallarta. The casa was great and our view was absolutely amazing...it was literally a paradise view to wake up to each morning (see my photo!). While we spent a good portion of our time relaxing, the fishing trip with Fernando from Miramar was incredible....WE CAUGHT 19 TUNA!! (see my other photo!!) To make it even better, we had fresh ceviche on the boat with the fish we caught and cooked fresh filets in our casa later that night. They also have one of the best looking and nicest boats in the bay which made the excursion enjoyable. I highly recommend Miramar both for their condos and the activities they offer.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
El Dorado, Kansas, United States
Reviewed February 7, 2013

As a Kansas Hunting Guide and Pro-Staffer for "Above the Game Outdoors" I have substantial experience with outdoor adventures, but I really didnt grasp the concept that this trip was going to be way more than just an outdoor adventure!

Dec 3rd-10th 2012, my family and I had the pleasure of experiencing Yelapa with assistance of MiraMar and their services. Fernando and Kendra really know how to meet your every need right from the time you step off the plane, or in my case before I even got on to a plane. Yep, Kendra and Fernando helped me to plan a secret beach wedding months prior to our arrival.

Late on our first night there my wife and I walked the cobble stone path, across the big river to the main beach where I had planned to propose to her under a caban. Seconds before I popped the big question my wife spots a locals boat being badly beaten by the surf as it crashed on the beach. By the time I had found the owner of the boat it had taken on water and was only half visible. The young man and I quickly ran to the boat trying to save it from the sea. I could hear the fear in this mans voice as he called out to his cousins and later to whoever could hear him. At that time I quickly realized this this boat was this mans lively hood, as many of the people you will encounter in Yelapa, this man survived off of the sea. When this realization struck me I quickly knew that I was about to put my life on the line to aid this man. As I ran into the water and began taking a beating from the boat and crashing waves I realized that the ring that I was getting ready to propose with was in pocket on my board shorts.

I needed my full attention on the boat so it wouldnt pin me against the beech underwater, so unfortunately I have to give my wife the ring in a "quick take this and then go grab the anchor line and run up the beach" sort of way! Several other persons came to our aid minutes later and the boat was rescued. I proposed to my wife on that beech moments later, steal sucking air as if I had just ran a marathon, and married her the next night on the other more private beech in front of our casas at MiraMar.

Wedding services were amazing! Kendra and Fernando do all inclusive destination weddings, which are truly out of this world. I never thought in a million years that I would be able to afford a wedding like that one MiraMar provided for me. The beech was beautifully decorated with all local palms and flowers. The Chaplin came ashore via boat from Puerto Vallarta, my bride descended from the visually magnificent staircase from our casa above, Kendra took photos, music played (and it seemed that angels sang) as we were wed. Fernando and his kitchen staff prepared and catered the most magnificent feast I have ever encountered!!!! Fernando closed our wedding dinner with a fireworks show that blasted aerial mortars from the mountain side above to over the water in front of us.

Thanks to MiraMar I could go on and on about Yelapa; its wonderful culture, its beautiful scenery, its humble people, its out of this world food, its grand adventures or its world class fishing, but I can sum it up for you real fast by only saying one word, AMAZING!!!!

Kendra and Fernando I had an amazing time and can not wait till the next time were down, I'm already saving money for another grand fishing trip with Okley Activites!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Tylen H
Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My wife and I spent a lovely week at Casa Manta Raya in Yelapa in late November, 2012. Kendra and Fernando were very gracious and attentive hosts, yet they gave us a lot of space and were never an intrusion. The walk to the casa is about five-ten minutes from the town dock. The main beach is about a five-ten minute walk away from the casa. The casa is located down about 40 stairs from the main road through town. While we never had a problem with the exertion, do be aware that there are many steps and a short but steep hill to get to the casa.

The casa was well-appointed and stocked with many necessities. Obviously, a lot of care went into Casa Manta Raya. The firm mattress was comfortable, the deck has a fabulous view of the goings-on in town, and the kitchen was small but very functional. The bathroom was spacious with a fine shower and water pressure. The stairs down to the small town beach were a nice touch.

The upstairs casas were still under construction when we were there, but Kendra and Fernando made sure that the work above didn't detract from our experience.

Yelapa itself is an absolute joy. Friendly people, very laid back and comfortable. Kendra and Fernando can recommend some great restaurants, and do NOT decline an invitation for dinner cooked by Fernando! He will treat you to fresh seafood and other local delicacies. Divine!

A wonderful place to stay during a wonderful trip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GoldstreamJoe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yelapa
Hotel Lagunita
Hotel Lagunita
#2 of 4 in Yelapa
Hotelito Mio
Hotelito Mio
#1 of 1 in Cabo Corrientes
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & ...
#13 of 125 in Puerto Vallarta
Hotel Mousai
Hotel Mousai
#4 of 125 in Puerto Vallarta
Grand Miramar All Luxury Suites & Residences
Grand Miramar All Luxury Suites ...
#10 of 125 in Puerto Vallarta

Been to MiraMar Yelapa? Share your experiences!