“Fishing in Yelapa”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fishing in Yelapa”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Back in Yelapa again jan 2014 scheduled a trip with Jay and he did it again even though conditions were tough and our targeted species tuna were no where to be found as confirmed on the radio by other boats in the area. Jay found an area with a number of feeding sailfish hooked two of them and landed a beauty with a bonus dorado the day went from bust to wow!!! Why live bait #1 reason without it we would have come up empty the extra effort in being prepared with top quality equipment,a great boat,live bait and the experience of a guide of Jays calibre has me making arrangements for a few more trips before saying goodbye to Yelapa. Ask at the beach anyone working at Domingo's my favourite watering hole will direct you to him tight lines

Visited January 2014
1 Thank victor z

Bellingham, Washington
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Host!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

To begin with, most of the other reviews here are off-base, reviewing Yelapa itself as part of a tour by another company. Yelapa Adventures is a company owned by Gerardo Lorenzo from Yelapa who was my guide. Gerardo agreed to take me on a snorkeling trip last minute when he had a cancellation. I could not afford the trip to the Islas Marietas I wanted alone but we negotiated a shorter snorkeling trip to Pizota, a tiny village nearby. He was quite agreeable, helping me choose the best fitting snorkeling equipment, ferrying me to a new location when I got bored and dropping me on the beach and picking me up when I was ready. I highly recommend him as a trustworthy and easygoing guide!

Visited October 2013
Banning, California
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Yelapa-Hidden Paradise”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Yelapa is a small town south of Mismaloya that is only assessable by boat. You can take a tour or a water taxi out of Puerto Vallarta. You can hike up to the waterfall, enjoy some water-sports, go horseback riding or just lay out on the beach and enjoy the views. The walk to the waterfall takes you through town (they just got electricity a few years ago). This is definitely the place to go if you want a relaxing day in paradise. The restaurant on the beach will gladly serve you delicious food and cold beer and drinks. I would love to spend a week in one of the many places to rent.

Visited February 2013
Calgary, Canada
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“A Great Day Tour!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Water taxi tour from Puerto Vallarta over to Yelapa was a great experience. Our tall lanky tour guide was off-the-wall crazy..what a hoot!. A special for us..they took a mild deviation along the shoreline to Los Arcos and right through the center of these marvels. The ocean ride to and from Yelapa was energizing, catching a brief glimpse of dolphins pods and a couple of whales slashing their tails in the distance. The community of Yelapa has mucho to discover and the locals are more than tolerant of tourists, very friendly place! Just don't expect to be haling a cab here, I love that!.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank wayouthere
Kitimat, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fishing with Louise Garcia”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went fishing,snorkelling,swimming with whales and sight seeing over a three day period. We pulled in some nice fish,swam within feet from a whale and her baby. Captain Louise and deckhand Jonathan where a lot of fun spoke great English. The boat was great good music lots of room for the four of us and the two of them. We stop at a little fishing village and had a lobster dinner, it was fantastic. The best time I have ever had on a boat anywhere. Rates where very reasonable. Grate all the way around.

Visited January 2013