All reviews the penthouse water taxi puerto vallarta open air three levels soaking pool mattress topper chaise lounges middle floor mango margaritas bring earplugs manta rays spent two nights watching dolphins large kitchen full moon four nights
Reviewed April 24, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I just got back from a short stay at casa pericos (Apr. 21-23) and are already looking forward to our next visit. First of all, Shane the owner was quick with responses and provided a plethora of information about travel to and from Yelapa which made our stay very worry free and gave us confidence that he had all his i's dotted and t's crossed. I felt like the information he provided had all necessary tips that were invaluable. When we arrived we were greeted by Mike who was very helpful in giving us a thorough rundown of the property, room keys, safe key, good places to eat... etc. We hope to see him again on our next visit. (He's a big Capt. America and marvel comics fan) We also met another couple who were from my wife's home state of Oregon and had been staying at the property for the last month!!! (Super jealous) They were also very kind people and suggested eating at Los Abuelos restaurant which turned out to be the best food that we ate on our entire trip. I can't say enough about the property and our room. The owner had thought of everything from large beach bags for towels, to a small carry cooler for beers by the beach. I stayed in yelapa 15 years ago in a different property with thatched roof huts and I remember having to fight my fears in order to sleep because of the large spider webs cascading overhead. Casa pericos was nothing like that. I didn't see a single web or trace of scary insect during our entire stay. I think the scorpion warnings about wearing shoes are for when walking the paths around yelapa that at times have dead leaves which may conceal a spider or scorpion. The grounds were well kept and the room was immaculate. With 2 of the 3 days of our stay being 100% sun, the blue ocean water in front of the property was mesmerizing. My wife and I found the ocean sounds soothing, but we like ambient noise when we sleep. (We always have a fan on at home) The people in the town of Yelapa were welcoming and greeted us with a smile everywhere we went. The open air concept and views from our room were amazing and we were on the bottom floor!

Stayed: April 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jon T
Reviewed April 13, 2016

We were on 2nd floor, Vista Romantica suite. Lovely as you can see in the pics. Iguannas and plants and whatnot were all around us! The views are AMAZING! Comfy chairs. Just perfect, except for sleeping. We've got a pack of small children back at home, so getting good sleep was a priority for us on this trip. 2 reasons for no sleep: 1. The beds are both HARD AS ROCKS! 2. The whole open-air thing, while extremely neat and romantic and fun, makes for no sleep. The waves are so loud! I think this is because the sound echos off the ceiling.

Anyhow, amazing place, but bring your own mattress and ear plugs. Other than that, the staff is great (Mike), and Shane takes a personal interest in you having a great stay.

Tips for success in Yelapa: Hike the upper waterfall! Eat at Abuelos! Best fish tacos I've ever eaten. Practice your spanish! Don't be afraid, just do it!

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled as a couple
S S, Owner at Casa Pericos, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2016

Thank You for your input!!
Please know the 2 things you had issues with could have easily be rectified if you would have just called me.

1 We have earplugs at the casa if the waves were too loud . It was also recommended to bring them in our secondary info that we send out to all of our guests..
2 .We have 1 extra Mattress topper for situations of the bed being too firm for our more sensitive guests.
A vast majority of our guests like firm mattresses, including myself as I have had back problems in the past.

My mobile number was made available to you and I have my phone with me 24/7 - I tell every guest including you on arrival and check in, no question is ever too small, please call me for anything.
Thank You for staying with us!

Reviewed April 11, 2016

We had another wonderful stay at Casa Pericos last February. This time we had the privilege of staying in the penthouse for 11 nights. The penthouse is the top two floors of Casa Pericos with a bathroom and shower area between, somewhat like a split level. There is also a zen soaking pool that was really enjoyable. The penthouse is beautifully decorated and yet very comfortable. Lots of room on both levels. Downstairs had two main beds and a couple seating areas. A beautiful large copper topped dining room table along with a smaller table right next to the balcony for great views. Two more large beds up in the loft along with another table, and 3 hammocks.

The location of the Casa is ideal. Quiet in the evening, (except for the waves). Just a short but delightful walk into town. The best snorkeling in Yelapa right outside the entrance.

There is so much to love about Casa Pericos but really stands out for us is the view and the people. Shane's welcoming phone calls, being well taken care of by Miguel and Delma, and the other guests we have met are what keep us coming back.

• Stayed: February 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2016 via mobile

Well equipped (kitchen, good bathroom etc) accommodation which is I believe outstanding in comparison to others we've seen in Yelapa. I would even call it luxurious - as much as it can be there. A few things everyone should consider when choosing Casa Pericos:

- you should be used to sleep with MANY nature sounds during the whole night (ocean, birds, animals you don't see but hear, etc)

- it's a 10 minutes walk to nearest shops/restaurants (for us it was more kind of advantage, that disadvantage)

- if you are not lucky with neighbors in the same Casa, you will be listening not to the nature sounds, but to them. Everything happening a bit louder than a conversation between two people you hear like your neighbors are in your room.

There is no reception, and for every question you will have to text/call Shane, who is very responsive and helpful, but it might be not really convenient for you. Special thanks to Mike who came to help us with the luggage at 7 a.m. after partying at the wedding the whole night before, as the whole Yelapa actually)

Stayed: March 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2016

I'm not into long drawn out reviews - short and sweet

Casa Pericos is a great place to stay in Yelapa.
Probably one of the nicest in Yelapa with a great location.

Easy to book - easy to get to - very peaceful and unique experience
We will be going back in september.

Thanks to our hosts !!

If you are looking for a Hilton with a bar and pool this isn't for you

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled as a couple