Casa Pericos
Yelapa Oasis(Yelapa)
Hotelito Mio(Cabo Corrientes)
Hotel Yatzil(Puerto Vallarta)
View Hotel
Hacienda Cora Golf & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)
View Hotel
Villa Azalea - Luxury B&B(Puerto Vallarta)
  • Pool
All reviewsthe penthousesound of the waveswater taxiin townpuerto vallartaopen airfresh fishsecond levelthree levelstortilla soupresident iguanachaise loungesmiddle floorboat captainbalinese stylebring earplugsmanta rays
Reviewed April 13, 2016

We were on 2nd floor, Vista Romantica suite. Lovely as you can see in the pics. Iguannas and plants and whatnot were all around us! The views are AMAZING! Comfy chairs. Just perfect, except for sleeping. We've got a pack of small children back at home, so getting good sleep was a priority for us on this trip. 2 reasons for no sleep: 1. The beds are both HARD AS ROCKS! 2. The whole open-air thing, while extremely neat and romantic and fun, makes for no sleep. The waves are so loud! I think this is because the sound echos off the ceiling.

Anyhow, amazing place, but bring your own mattress and ear plugs. Other than that, the staff is great (Mike), and Shane takes a personal interest in you having a great stay.

Tips for success in Yelapa: Hike the upper waterfall! Eat at Abuelos! Best fish tacos I've ever eaten. Practice your spanish! Don't be afraid, just do it!

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled as a couple
S S, Owner at Casa Pericos, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2016

Thank You for your input!!
Please know the 2 things you had issues with could have easily be rectified if you would have just called me.

1 We have earplugs at the casa if the waves were too loud . It was also recommended to bring them in our secondary info that we send out to all of our guests..
2 .We have 1 extra Mattress topper for situations of the bed being too firm for our more sensitive guests.
A vast majority of our guests like firm mattresses, including myself as I have had back problems in the past.

My mobile number was made available to you and I have my phone with me 24/7 - I tell every guest including you on arrival and check in, no question is ever too small, please call me for anything.
Thank You for staying with us!

Reviewed April 11, 2016

We had another wonderful stay at Casa Pericos last February. This time we had the privilege of staying in the penthouse for 11 nights. The penthouse is the top two floors of Casa Pericos with a bathroom and shower area between, somewhat like a split level. There is also a zen soaking pool that was really enjoyable. The penthouse is beautifully decorated and yet very comfortable. Lots of room on both levels. Downstairs had two main beds and a couple seating areas. A beautiful large copper topped dining room table along with a smaller table right next to the balcony for great views. Two more large beds up in the loft along with another table, and 3 hammocks.

The location of the Casa is ideal. Quiet in the evening, (except for the waves). Just a short but delightful walk into town. The best snorkeling in Yelapa right outside the entrance.

There is so much to love about Casa Pericos but really stands out for us is the view and the people. Shane's welcoming phone calls, being well taken care of by Miguel and Delma, and the other guests we have met are what keep us coming back.

• Stayed: February 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2016 via mobile

Well equipped (kitchen, good bathroom etc) accommodation which is I believe outstanding in comparison to others we've seen in Yelapa. I would even call it luxurious - as much as it can be there. A few things everyone should consider when choosing Casa Pericos:

- you should be used to sleep with MANY nature sounds during the whole night (ocean, birds, animals you don't see but hear, etc)

- it's a 10 minutes walk to nearest shops/restaurants (for us it was more kind of advantage, that disadvantage)

- if you are not lucky with neighbors in the same Casa, you will be listening not to the nature sounds, but to them. Everything happening a bit louder than a conversation between two people you hear like your neighbors are in your room.

There is no reception, and for every question you will have to text/call Shane, who is very responsive and helpful, but it might be not really convenient for you. Special thanks to Mike who came to help us with the luggage at 7 a.m. after partying at the wedding the whole night before, as the whole Yelapa actually)

Stayed: March 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2016

I'm not into long drawn out reviews - short and sweet

Casa Pericos is a great place to stay in Yelapa.
Probably one of the nicest in Yelapa with a great location.

Easy to book - easy to get to - very peaceful and unique experience
We will be going back in september.

Thanks to our hosts !!

If you are looking for a Hilton with a bar and pool this isn't for you

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2016

I highly recommend Casa Pericos. It is stunning! The views are beautiful. The place has nice lounging areas to relax. The sound of the waves in the back ground lulle you to a good sleep every night. The location is quiet too but if you want you can head out to the village where you will find great restaurants and places to listen music. It is safe to venture to the village at night using the path, just bring a flashlite and you are all set. If you are renting the penthouse you can soak in spa, a welcome feature at the end of the day.
It is very clean, very well appointed with everything from beautiful towels and sheets. The kitchen is very well equipped.
You can have boat arranged to shuttle you (ask details to the owners) to the big beach or you can take an interesting walk on the path. The new patio is amazing, make your favorite cocktail and enjoy or go for a swim. The owners are great to deal with and the staff efficient.
I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: December 2015, traveled as a couple