“Stunning Open Air Accomodations”
Review of Casa Pericos

Casa Pericos
Ranked #2 of 6 Yelapa B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Tempe, Arizona
“Stunning Open Air Accomodations”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Casa Pericos was fabulous and certainly exceeded our expectations. Carolyn, the concierge that is part of this property, made our trip so much easier. We took advantage of the "stock your fridge" with a custom list of items we selected prior to traveling. Cold beer (Negra Modelo if you like a darker beer), fruit, guacamole, salsa, chips, the best ceviche, and other items were all stocked and waiting for us when we arrived. You will be dropped off at a small beach close to the casa but I would recommend paying for the porter service to carry your bags to the house as the walkway is a stone pathway that the porter navigates better than you will with heavy bags. Well worth the $10-$15 tip. The accomodations were spectacular. The view was incredible. We stayed in the penthouse so we had 2 floors, a hot tub, and full kitchen that came in handy for a light breakfast and/or dinner. Yelapa is full of incredible places to eat like Cafe Bahia (Bloody Mary's, bean soup, and breakfast burritos are a must), Los Abuelos (only seats 12 but the best dinner burritos, YUM!), and Tacos y Mas were a few of our favorites. If you go to the beach, go to Angelina's Garden and Miguel will be your server on the beach. He was wonderful. Take in the 10 minute hike to the in-town waterfall. It is a really nice waterfall complete with a bar and gazebo once you arrive. You can take the longer 1.5 hour hike up the river to the other waterfall and well worth the effort. You will pass Christina's on the way for a wonderful vegan lunch served along the river and be sure to stop at El Manguito on the way back for Bloody Mary's and other wonderful food selections. Be sure to take flashlights for night walking in town and a must to get back to the casa after dark. The other wonderful experience was having in-house massages. Carolyn can arrange single massages or you can have couples massages. Carolyn truly made our experience so much better and we are already planning our next trip back to Yelapa.

Room Tip: We were very happy that we brought ear plugs as the water hitting up against the rocks makes a loud...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JulieKosloski

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 10, 2012

As I own a winter home in Puerto Vallarta, I try to visit lovely Yelapa at least once a year and highly recommend it to others. Having seen the evolution of Casa Pericos over the past few years, I was eager to experiencing staying there myself and - just this month (1/12) - invited four friends to join me in the penthouse unit. What an amazing property! Beautifully maintained and integrated into the jungle hillside, Casa Pericos is a wonderful hybrid of rustic adventure and luxurious comforts. I couldn't recommend it more highly. On top of that, the concierge Carolyn went above and beyond the call, always at our beck and call whenever we needed something. If they have availability, I eagerly recommend you stay there! ; )

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Coats G
Taos, New Mexico
Reviewed November 24, 2011

We Just returned from a 21 dat vacation to PV and spent 4 nights in the middle at Casa Pericos in Yelapa. It was absolutely lovely! We had the lower unit, Cielito Lindo which is a studio with kitchenette. Very clean and nicely decorated with 2 queen beds. The casa has a unique open wall/ I was a little concerned about privacy when I booked but the sound of the waves crashing just a floor level below the balcony created total privacy for conversation or anything else! We frequently found ourselves just sitting for hours gazing at the spectacular view from the comfy chairs placed to perfectly take advantage of sunset over the cove. Love Yelapa, the quiet from no cars!!! was deeply satisfying. Each morning I loved to watch the donkeys as they passed directly below my balcony with the daily loads of water bottles, food stuffs, propane tanks etc that they were delivering to residents along the coast. The in house concierge Carolyn is great. As helpful as you need her to be, or she will leave you totally alone. She arranged for a massage for 2 in the penthouse suite for us for Michaels birthday, great massage therapists and so worth it as your feet and calves get a good workout climbing the steep pathways that wind charmingly thru Yelapa.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank luckyjtaos
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Just to relax, have fun or play... This is an amazing place to stay... Ive been going to Yelapa for many years and evidently there is no other place I would stay now than this house... The owners are great, the views are perfect... Thanks for a wonderfull unforgetable time!!

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Natpv
St jean sur Richelieu
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I've just returned from the most beautiful and secluded place in Mexico! What beauty it was!!! Casa Pericos is a 4 story palapas built completly among the side of the mountain, leaving the palm trees in place, so that they are built through the construction! Its most beautiful aspect for us was the fact that the entire space we live in is OPEN!!! The 35 ft wide living space is just stunning!!! The entire loft is just so beautifully decorated with 2 beautiful beds, the bathroom on the 2nd floor where we were was incredible!!! You shower along the huge boulders! But seriously.... The most stunning view is that of the sunrise from your bed because the entire front of the loft is open!!! Imagine being there in bed with the colors of the sun, the incredible sound of the waves along with all of nature just wakening with you!!!!
This beautiful palapas is situated in the cute little village of Yelapa in a bay only accessible by water taxi from Puerto Vallarta. Every trip into town (15min) walk along the bay shore is unique! I recommend you this place hands up!!! I loved Carolyne the concierge! She will help you with anything you need since she lives there in yelapa , thus knows everything and everyone! It's an experience to be lived at least once in your life!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank frizouvie
Fort Simpson, Canada
Reviewed July 5, 2011

After being to Mexico numerous times and lovin' it...after countless all inclusive getaways...my husband and I decided to venture down the unbeaten path and return to a place I only had been on a day excursion...a place you can only describe as out of this world...YELAPA and better yet CASA PERICOS!

The place itself is breathtaking, pictures just do not do it justice. We stayed in the penthouse for 10 days and I did not want to leave. If you can make it happen book the pent house but if you can't, the romantic and tranquil are just as beautiful! The furnishings in the home mostly from Bali, the art, the building..unreal. All open air, and I thought I would be a little scared..nope..beautiful, safe, and the crashing of the waves, and the noises from the jungle is simply blissful, magical. Casa Pericos is located on the point and has a constant breeze so you are never too hot..it's perfect.

Let me tell you about The people...from Ramone our water taxi guy, Samara my private yoga instructor, which I got to do on my balcony whenever I wanted, to Maude and Dayna our massage therapist, to Juan and Salida, the most amazing cooks, but more then that amazing people, who will forever be in our hearts, Jay and Gerardo our captains, friends we met along the way....the people of Yelapa and most important Carolyn....she was simply amazing..she organized everything and made our trip unbelievable!!! anything you want she makes it happen..when we got to Casa Pericos our fridge was full of cold beer, there was stuff to make margaritas, fresh Guac and Salsa...she is a beautiful person inside and out.

I wore flip flops the entire time..no need to buy keens or anything else...bring head lamps to get around in the night..bring cash as there are no ATMs. try and go during a full moon..the locals get together on the beach and have a beach party, a fire, drumming, drinks, AMAZING..a highlight of my trip...we went fishing several times, we went to the islands snorkeling with our friends we met from Oregon....incredible.

I really can't even put into words how much I love Casa Pericos, Yelapa and the people there...I can't wait to go back to Casa Pericos with friends and family.

I promise you that you will not be disappointed in this destination and if you have any questions you can contact me...amy.fraser@live.com

Love Love Love this place..miss it too much and will be back very soon.

Room Tip: Penthouse is out of this world!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank APFMichaud
Oakland, California
Reviewed July 4, 2011

It is a rare experience to visit a foreign country and feel both deeply at home and deeply connected to one's environment. With impeccable taste, a close attention to detail and an obvious respect and love for the natural beauty of Yelapa, the proprietors of Casa Perricos have done a remarkable job of fusing these elements in order to provide their guests with one incredible experience. Couldn't recommend it highly enough!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank AltamontFarm
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yelapa
Hotel Lagunita
Hotel Lagunita
#2 of 4 in Yelapa
Hotelito Mio
Hotelito Mio
#1 of 1 in Cabo Corrientes
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & ...
#14 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
#38 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Hotel Mousai
Hotel Mousai
#4 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta

Been to Casa Pericos? Share your experiences!