“It's a miracle people stay here.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Yelapa
Casa La Loma en Yelapa
Ranked #9 of 10 Specialty Lodging in Yelapa
Anchorage, Alaska
“It's a miracle people stay here.”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed at Casa Milagros because it looked nice for a single traveler. Patricia (the proprietor's daughter) was actually very helpful as she let me pay online via paypal (warning...there are NO ATMs in Yelapa.) However, the accommodation was sub-par. I didn't mind the walk up (181 stairs!) but I expected better when I got there. I confirmed in advance that there was WiFi but there wasn't. Antonio (the proprietor) told me it was just down but I don't believe it as another guest that had been there for 2 weeks said it hadn't worked the whole time. When I asked for a discount because the WiFi didn't work Antonia didn't want to work with. I walked to town to get WiFi and Patricia gave me the requested discount, however.

For the actual accommodation: my door didn't have a lock on it so I had to carry my valuables with me at all times (to the beach!) and hope that my clothes weren't stolen. Then that first night I discovered the door wouldn't even latch from the inside! So I slept 3 nights with my door cracked open 2 inches. A woman...traveling alone...in Mexico. Ridiculous. The whipped cream on top was when I discovered there was no hot water, either, so I took cold showers the entire visit. The only reason I didn't move rooms was the fact that I'd have to find someone and pay them to come help me move my bags.

A couple of additional notes: the electricity is dangerous with wires dangling everywhere and extension cords. The cooler with 'bottled' water was really coming from a tap with a funny looking filter. This was my 5th visit to Mexico and the only time I really had stomach issues was here and I think it was the water. Finally, although Antonia was fairly nice, I firmly believe that she speaks English and just refuses to do so. She understood everything I was saying yet refused to communicate with me in English. I have limited Spanish (I speak Italian) and always try, but when I needed to discuss the problems with her it was frustrating that she wouldn't work with me.

All in all, if you are a single traveler on a deep budget take a chance here, but I don't think it is worth it. There are too many nicer places in Yelapa.

Room Tip: Check the locks before you stay! The downstairs corner rooms or the palapa are the best choices for...