All reviews meditation classes juice cleanse the entire experience everyday life sacred springs daily yoga hill overlooking the ocean sweat lodge delicious healthy food spiritual awakening beautiful staff minute walk beautiful place open plan room was spacious watsu treatment open air
Selected filters
Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed 9 days of rest and relaxation. Anjay and Anne were very knowledgeable and easy to talk to and learn from. Vida kept everything running smooth and gives the best massages. She is also very knowledgeable in alternative medicines. We will return again soon.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2018

About 2 weeks ago, I returned from a week long transformation retreat at Pura Vida. Daily meditations, yoga, and various other practices were enjoyed to great personal benefit. I opted for the juice cleanse and detox and have to say sticking with the regime has benefited me greatly. On a superficial level, I lost 7 pounds, but more meaningfully, I feel empowered, energetic and much more alive. Insights gleaned during my week long visit have stayed with me and benefit me every single hour of every day. I hope to return again often, and plan to never leave it for more than a year.

Room tip: I loved my room and proximity to the ocean. The few rooms I saw were all open and attractive. The sound of the ocean was amazing.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 13, 2018

I can’t say enough wonderful things about this lovely wellness center tucked away in a quiet location on the edge of town. Upon arrival, my sister and I were greeted by Anjay whose calming presence immediately made me feel relaxed and at home. He showed us to our room which was absolutely breathtaking - an open space overlooking the ocean and jungle. The room was spacious and equipped with all the necessities and more - a hammock, table and two chairs, 2 reclining chairs, comfortable queen size beds with mosquito nets, and a rainfall showerhead. Imagine falling asleep at night to the sound of the waves and waking up to the sound of the birds.

The meals held in the open space dining room was a nice treat thanks to Gagabshee’s (Ashley) vegetarian teachings and all of the kind and sweet staff who put so much love into each dish. The price of the meals are approximately the same price as what you would find in town but lighter and more wholesome. I regret the day I decided to eat dinner in town because I missed out on a whole grilled fish accompanied with tacos that was enjoyed by everyone who stayed. Keep in mind, however that this was an uncommon meal as the majority of dishes are vegetarian.

There is a small private-like beach called Playa Isabel just a short 5-10 minute walk down the hotel. Be sure to stick around until you see a manta ray jump out of the water! We spend a few hours swimming and snorkeling here and were fortunate to have seen 3. If a temazcal ceremony is happening while you are there, I highly highly recommend you partake. I had very little knowledge of what it was before I did it but am so thankful that I did. I am forever indebted to our guides Antonio and Debbie who led us through such a moving ceremony. Be sure to also take advantage of all the offerings, especially the Kundalini and meditation classes taught my Anjay.

I am transformed after spending just 4 days with so many warm and friendly like-minded people.
I hope the same for you.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Michaela C
Reviewed April 30, 2018

A friend I trust told me about Pura Vida but I was a little concerned traveling to Mexico alone. But it was really easy and I am so glad I went alone. Pura Vida is absolutely amazing. Anjay and his wife Ashley are wonderful. Each room was different, but perfect. I had two double beds, a hammock, table and chairs, a little dressing area and private bathroom. The rain head shower had instant hot water and I had ocean views from the bedroom and bathroom. There is mosquito netting covering the beds so you don't have any concerns about bugs or bats while you are sleeping. The sound of the waves all night and the breeze just puts you to sleep. My room was so perfect I could have just stayed there the entire week.
The food was delicious and over the top healthy (served buffet style) so many recipes I wanted to bring home. I was thinking about juicing while I was there (that is an option) but the food was way too good.
Everyday started with some type of movement (yoga, qi gong, etc) followed by breakfast, then maybe a hike or excursion, back for lunch, treatments in the afternoon, maybe a swim, then sharing circle and meditation, dinner, spiritual movie and bed. One of the highlights was the sweat lodge.
If you need to find yourself, heal mentally and physically, Pura Vida is the place. It exceeded all my expectations.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 22, 2018

We were here for a week and absolutely loved it. The place is beautiful and peaceful with lovely open air cottages and sweeping ocean views. The hosts - Anjay and Ashley, were warm and open and spiritual in the real way -- humble and inspiring. And the food was divine - absolutely the best option for me in Yelapa - organic, vegetarian, and mostly vegan and gluten free. We also loved the Yin Yoga in the mornings on the deck with Anjay. We highly recommend this spot and will be back soon! There is wi fi in the common area/lounge, but not in the rooms as they try to stay low EMF, and encourage folks to unplug and be present in nature.

Room tip: There is a little wi fi in the top room, but the rest do not have it. Most have full ocean views.
Date of stay: April 2018