“Knowledgeable teacher, flexible instruction”

Yelapa English Spanish Institute
Ranked #4 of 10 things to do in Yelapa
Type: Other
Nanaimo, Canada
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Knowledgeable teacher, flexible instruction”
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Juanita was very helpful with suggestions about places to stay and things to do while in the Yelapa area. She also adapted my lessons to suit my level, and we accomplished a lot in two weeks. She has extensive resources and a lot of knowledge and experience with second language instruction.
She kindly took me under her wing, introduced me to her friends, and showed me some good nightlife and live music spots. ....(too many margueritas!)
I recommend her highly for Spanish instruction while in Yelapa.
thanks, Juanita!

Visited December 2011

Toronto, Canada
“come back”
Reviewed December 11, 2011

trips, fish, hike, a bit cold water but ok to swimm, plan ahead

Visited November 2011
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“YESI is Fanastic!”
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Don't hesitate to learn Spanish with Jean Hnyeka and the folks at YESI. Jean is incredibly flexible and a talented teacher. Whether a few hours on a short trip, or extended classes, Jean is not only a terrific teacher, she is a walking history book of Yelapa. Her blogs are also fun!

Denver, CO
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Jean (Juanita) of YESI is a great teacher and a great resource for Yelapa info”
Reviewed June 19, 2011

I took private class from Juanita for several days and it was fabulous. She is a great teacher, very patient and has a great depth of language knowledge. She was very good at explaining complex concepts as well as reviewing some weak spots that I had based on listening to me speak.

Juanita was extremely helpful in getting me all the Yelapa info that I needed as well as coordinating a homestay during my trip.

I would highly recommend YESI and Juanita

Visited June 2011
CT
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent escape to beautiful beach, quaint town and learn Spanish”
Reviewed November 15, 2010

We took our four children to Yelapa for 2 weeks this past August. Juanita was very patient with me as we planned for several months and once we were there, she helped with every detail from meeting our boat to hiking us through the more remote areas. We each learned a great deal of Spanish (our son was able to skip his 7th grade year and move on to 8th grade Spanish upon our return) and had such fun exploring the area and learning about the culture as well. Our view was astounding - we often sigh and wish we were swinging in the hammock watching the sunset from our balcony now that we are back in the states. I would highly recommend this program for just about anyone who wants to spend some VERY relaxing time (no cell service :)) and learn some Spanish. NO cars - so we woke up to roosters and the clip-clop of mules walking by. While we were very comfortable and had great food, this is not meant to be a luxury experience and you should be careful about what time of year you come. We went in August - it was very hot and rained almost every day - but we loved it! No one cares about the rain, you just keep right on hiking or swimming or whatever you are doing! Truly a great experience!

1 Thank travelbug1992