Most of my stays in hotels are never brief. I travel on business, therefore, usually it is more than just a few nights; more often months. I am currently staying at this hotel and am reluctant to relocate to another hotel where I would have access to shops and transport. I'm actually considering a hire car and remain here for the following reasons:-
1. The staff are very friendly and will go beyond the call of duty to assist in any way.
2. Rooms are very spacious, almost a suite in layout giving me an abundance of room for my
computer and business area.
3. Rooms are very clean, linen and bed very comfortable. (I find this point important)
4. Internet Bandwidth is excellent - this is not a compliment I give easily
5. It's quiet
6. Business meetings in the hotel areas are very suitable. They are well presented and of
course wireless internet access.
7. The food is tasty and well presented. The menu has a small selection of dishes which is
better than a restaurant giving you a huge choice but dishes are poor in taste and
presentation. Here they do their very best and the newly appointed chef makes concerted
effort to bring the best to your table. I have all my meals here and am very satisified indeed.
This hotel has been in transition and the new management (who truly are delightful) are
introducing changes which have been received very well. Breakfast is basic,nevertheless,
I have stayed in lovely boutique 5 star hotels in central London where every detail is 5 star, impeccably appointed in every detail, very posh but delightful and of course the price per room is priced accordingly.
This is West Sussex, the price is per room is very reasonable. Warm welcoming ambiance, lovely staff members who are warm and friendly and more than that, they are genuine. If they miss something, simply ask and they will jump to your request without hesitation.
I shall give another update over the next coming weeks, but currently I am very happy here and am very reluctant to move because I am not sure that I shall receive such welcoming service somewhere else. This is where the "grass on the other side of the fence" is not at all tempting.
I do recommend this hotel to anyone due to the fact that you receive such genuine friendly service by staff and management who truly make an effort. An enthusiastic friendly Chef who loves to deliver his best. Menu does change monthly retaining their customer's favourites. Great rooms, ever so spacious and cosy, lovely comfy big bed with great linen, good size LCD TV, Bath and shower. So, yes I am very reluctant to relocate and am looking at hire cars seriously.
Said honestly and sincerely,
Liz Barclay Wilson
PS: The meal I have displayed is a bar meal. You have a choice of restaurant or a bar meal.
Chips are great and I appreciate chips deep fried in clean oil.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 4 star country house hotel has 26 Ensuite bedrooms which include charming, superior and luxury suites. There is a private resident's lounge, a large comfy bar with exposed beams and open fires, which also provides access to the terrace and gardens, an a la carte restaurant, breakfast room, private dining and additional reception and meeting rooms. All rooms include: Flat screen TV, free Wi-Fi, tea & coffee making facilities,and Egyptian cotton bed linen. Despite this semi-rural picturesque location, Gatwick is only 40 minutes away with Storrington, Worthing, Brighton, Fontwell and Goodwood all easily accessible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Roundabout Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Pulborough
- Pulborough Best Western