“Stunning does not begin to describe the food here.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tillington
The Horse Guards Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Tillington B&B and Inns
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Stunning does not begin to describe the food here.”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I am not accustomed to writing reviews however if anywhere deserves it it is the Horse Guards.
The food is consistently brilliant .I am consistently surprised by the imaginative menu .I suspect the chef must be an alien life form his food is certainly out of this world.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Rudgwick, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We love eating out and have dined at many establishments throughput the southeast. The horse guards is our favourite, although 40 minutes from home, it is the pub we frequent the most when we want to treat ourselves. We are never disappointed, the food is amazing, the welcome is warm, the garden tranquil, the atmosphere enchanting, the staff delightful.
We always book in advance as it is very popular.
This is my first review on trip advisor and it is no surprise to me that my first review is for the Horse Guards.

• Stayed July 2014
West Sussex, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We have now eaten at Horseguards Inn about ten times in as many months and every visit has been a success. Quirky and interesting décor and garden, friendly hosts, superb, confident food - every day has a new and different menu. We love taking friends there - it charms them all. Our favourite place by far. Excellent for all ages.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Horsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We went here on the off chance on a Bank Holiday weekend and it was very busy. As we were happy to sit outside on a lovely evening we were happily accommodated.
The outside area has been very thoughtfully created and even has blankets available for when it gets a bit chilly.
I had the vegetarian sausages, my husband the pork belly. Both meals were attractive, hot and wonderfully flavoursome. The service was quick and friendly.
I found this pub absolutely delightful in every aspect. Too many pubs in this county claim to be something they're very clearly not but this one is the Real Deal and is worthy of a five star review.
I can't recommend highly enough and we will return very soon but will remember to book in advance.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TJ G
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We stayed in the Cottage at the Horse Guards for one night last week,and had evening dinner there.The whole experience was first class,it is a pub you would recommend without any hesitation.The accommodation was superb as was the food.The beer garden is excellent with chickens running around,and the pub is quirky and very interesting.The food is pricey,but brilliant,you will find it hard to beat this place,we hope to return asap.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
East Dean,Chichester United Kingdom
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Recommended by a friend, we met up as 3 couples on a busy Saturday night. Booking is essential as the whole restaurant was full! Always a good sign! I loved the whole experience! The ambience as you walk in, the friendly staff, the eclectic mix of wall and window decoration and of course the menu! I love the way everything is listed as where it was sourced too! A really nice touch. The menu was exciting and I really wanted to try most of it! I cannot remember the last time I sat down to eat and felt so enthused about what I was going to have! This is all down to the clever description and imaginative dishes! Everything we had as a group of 6 was spot on for taste, presentation, amount etc. It is pricey but in this world you get what you pay for and these are not cheap ingredients and there is real skill in this kitchen! My favourite thing last night? Possibly the parfait which was such a fabulous combination of flavours and just melted in the mouth. But it was all totally delicious and I urge you to give it a try! It's now my new favourite restaurant in the area!

Room Tip: Parking is on the roadside but it is a very quiet road.