“Pretentious "better" restaurant”

Market Street Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Market Street Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 50 Restaurants in Harrison
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Walnut Street
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I grew up in this small town and crave a better than average restaurant to go to without driving to Cincinnati. I have dined here more than five times and all I can say is "Why do I keep going back"? Service is slow, bring your pillow, and the meals are inconsistent at best. Kudos on their Sunday Brunch. Zeroes on any other time.

1  Thank Bunnsarelli

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I love Market Street Grille's Sunday Brunch. They have a nice variety of both breakfast and lunch type foods, as well as a meat carving station. They also have a fantastic dessert bar with a chocolate fountain! The downtown location is nice since it's away from the plazas, strip malls, and crowds you get in the other part of Harrison. They have different theme dinners, which I've never tried, but seem good based on their menus. They have a large drink menu and service was pretty average.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I liked it all. I disliked nothing. There is a wide ranging menu, nice wine list, but I almost always order their spicy cajun pasta. Spicey yes, but so so good.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I travel for Business , Upon reading the reviews (which were exceptional) I thought this establishment would be the best choice for lunch today, I ordered the Greek Salad and Potato Soup as a carry out. Arriving back at my hotel, I opened the salad to discover the tomatoes were 2 huge dried slices laid upon a bed of rotten lettuce that was brown around the edges, crumbly deep fried goat cheese, (FYI Goat cheese is a soft cheese). I cannot comment on the dressing because it was lacking….

As for the soup I cannot figure out what the taste was, I would assume the Huge pieces of potatoes in the bottom of the soup constitutes “Potato Soup”.

I do have to give you Kudos on the oyster crackers they were actually fresh and the only edible portion of the lunch.

Your better off eating at one of the Chain restaurants!

2  Thank JulieannaCollins
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We happened into this restaurant after spending the day in Harrison at the local soccer fields. The entire feel of the restaurant is charming, rustic, and lots of character. In the front room there are unique tables with pull up antique couches. An amazing bar is the center piece. There is a back room where we sat, long natural brick walls with fireplaces and antique mirrors and pictures are on the walls. The attention to detail is really impressive. We asked the server about the history of the place and she brought us all a printed sheet to keep telling the story of The Market Street Grill.

We had the jambalaya, and the Asian chicken on fettuccini. You get a choice of soup or salad and we both chose soup: Chicken noodle and Chili. Both soups tasted great and it was clear that they were made from scratch. The chili had a strong chili pepper taste, and the chicken noodle had large random chunks of chicken as well vegetables that you could tell were cut on sight. The jambalaya was very tasty although just a touch too spicy for our taste. The Asian chicken was in a peanut sauce that was very tasty. Prices were about $17-$19 for what we ordered and portions were large. Hot bread tasted great.

This would be a fun restaurant for a special occasion for a small party or even a large group. We were very pleased and plan on returning.