“Nice hotel”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Harrison
Madison, Wisconsin
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed here for one night on our way to Cincinnati. Was very nice, clean, good breakfast, and nice pool. Staff was friendly and we got checked in quickly. The only problem we had was finding the way into the hotel. It is not a normal entrance from a road...it looks like the entrance to the gas station (which it is) and no sign for the Holiday Inn. Otherwise, everything was fine.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
SusanHostetter, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Harrison, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We appreciate your feed back. We are looking into options to fix this problem with the entrance to our hotel. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed August 6, 2012

My in-laws regularly stay at the Harrison Holiday Inn Express when they come to visit us. Amy at the front desk is awesome- very friendly and helpful. The rooms are good, and the lobby is well maintained. My complaint is that almost every time we've been there, the pool has been positively FRIGID. I wouldn't complain if it was one incident, but it's like that every single time they try to use the pool. It's so cold you really can't swim in it, which is a shame because it's a clean, nice pool.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
SusanHostetter, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Harrison, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We appreciate having you and your family here with us and I'm glad you have enjoiyed your stay. Our swimming pool is heated to 85 degrees year round. I appologize if this seems too cold. We are investigating our options to increase the water temperature. Thanks again for the feedback. We hope to see you again soon.
Morristown, Tennessee
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were on a road trip and didn't make reservations as we weren't sure where we would stop that night. We decided on Holiday Inn Express in Harrison, and I used my phone to go online to confirm that they had rooms available. Since we were just minutes away, we decided to walk in rather than try to book using a phone keyboard. When we arrived, there were two employees and one other person hanging around outside the front entrance. Before we even got into the hotel, the female employee told us that they were full. The parking lot was empty, the website showed rooms available...but she insisted that they were "booked solid." Clearly, she was rushing us out so that she could go back to socializing. We backtracked to another HI Express, where we learned that the Harrison hotel was virtually empty and had dozens of rooms available. This hotel doesn't want your business, so please honor their wish and don't stay there!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank KDS241
, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Harrison, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. I am embarrassed about the behavior of my front desk clerk. Her actions were extremely unprofessional and unwarranted.
I want to apologize for the unwelcome attitude you were presented with, and the inconvenience it may have caused you and your family. You are the reason we are here, and it is our goal to provide you with the best customer service we possibly can. Unfortunately we have failed to do so. Your interaction with this particular desk clerk was certainly not typical behavior from my staff. Because of unforeseen circumstances, this staff member is no longer with our hotel.
Once again, please accept my apologies for the lack of customer service you encountered. It never should have happened. If you are in the Harrison area again, I hope you consider giving us another chance to show you what good customer service should be. Thank you.

Travelers are raving about these Harrison hotels

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I was attending a wedding outside of Cincinnati and I needed a place that was reasonably priced and close by. I arrived at 3pm after the ceremony to check in and get settled before heading out for the reception. The people at the front desk were very nice and welcoming. I was even offered a bottle of water to take with me up to the room. It was a simple guesture but was very much appreciated.

The room was very nice. I had a King bed non smoking. The room was very clean and comfortable. I couldn't get the TV to work, but I figured it wasn't a big deal because I was heading out soon and wouldn't be back until late anyway. I decided to take a quick nap. About 45 minutes later the phone rang, it was the front desk and they wanted to check to see if everything was okay with the room. I told her the TV would not work and she said she would come up and check. She brought another remote and batteries and checked all the cables. She even tried switching the outlet the plug was in to see if that made a difference. It still didn't work, but she said she would send someone up from maintenance to fix it. 5 minutes later the hotel manager came in and adjusted the cables and got it to work. I was very pleased with their prompt service.

Breakfast was very good as well. There was a nice assortment of hot and cold items. There was a pancake machine as well as the typical bagels, yogurt, muffins, and cereal.

Overall this was a very nice hotel. There were also lots of things close by, several fast food and sit down restaurants as well as gas stations and a CVS close by. I will definitely stay her again if I ever am in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Kate S
, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Harrison, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm glad that your experience with us was an enjoyable one. We hope to see you again in the future.
Illinois
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I usually like to have hotels planned out for a trip. Due to a rowdy bunch of guests at another hotel closer to Cincinnati that we had been staying at we decided to leave after the first night and get some further out of the city. We opted for this Holiday Inn Express in Harrison, OH. We for some stupid reason went with the King Spa with a jet spa tub in it. It was only $10 more than the regular King room (I think).

Anyway, we found things a little worn down. The tub was kind of grimy and we only used the shower in it. The room was decent, and was much more modernly decorated than our previous hotel. We had a problem with my youngest son messing with the air/heat dials as they were low and on the window unit.

The boys were interested in the pool and it was okay. It sure looks bigger in the pictures than what it actually is. I've never seen a pool quite like it myself as it's metal around the sides. It goes from 3 feet on the steps side to 5 feet on the far end. Since the pool is actually pretty small that floor takes steep dips take make it to 5 feet deep. But, despite it's size, both my boys had fun and it wasn't too crowded.

Breakfast was surprising good. I enjoyed their cinnamon rolls. None of us had a pancake but we were impressed by the machine that made them. Pretty exciting stuff.

The few employees we interacted with were very nice. We especially liked the lady who was working the night we checked in. She was nice enough to get us a crib and take it to our room while we were enjoying the pool.

It was nice, nothing special, but good. I think it was a little much price wise. We should have just went with a regular room but that was our fault.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Harrison, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I'm glad you and your family were able to enjoy the pool and complimentary breakfast. We hope you will stay with us again soon.
Round Lake, Illinois
Reviewed October 2, 2011

This Holiday Inn Express leaves no detail unattended. The staff, especially Amy, is A+! They give great recommendations on everything from shopping to eating to sightseeing. The rooms are comfortable and clean. Don't forget the yummy breakfast too. If you are in the area, stay here!

Room Tip: Overlook the parking lot, floor 2 and above!