My partner and I live in Kent and wanted to escape for a weekend away to Arundal and Petworth at the last minute. I organised to stay at the Halfway Bridge Inn with Paul the owner who was very pleasant on the phone. Upon meeting him I was even more pleased by his hospitality and friendliness. The suite we stayed in was comfortable, spacious and very beautiful. The pub was not only superbly presented but the food was brilliant. The beef stew, the homemade chicken pie and the phenomenal bread and butter pudding and bread and butter ice cream had us talking about it to our friends afterwards and also recommending it. There was a good selection of wine and the breakfast included was delicious. I look forward to getting away yet again in the coming winter months to this little gem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A cleverly styled mix of restful shades, contemporary furnishings and quirky original features, our suite's decadent bathroom even allows you to watch a movie while you soak! With emphasis on boutique detail and maximum comfort, cafetieres with our own house blend of coffee and locally produced organic toiletries are indulgent finishing touches. For those quiet nights in each room comes equipped with flat screen Freeview TV and CD players. Some rooms also contain DVD players and a small selection of complimentary DVDs is available. Exclusive booking of Cowdray Barns can be arranged for corporate use, wedding parties or artistic retreats. Please contact us for further details. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your The Halfway Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Halfway Bridge Hotel Petworth
- The Halfway Bridge Petworth, West Sussex