“A Great Find!”
Review of Badgers B&B

Badgers B&B
Ranked #6 of 17 Petworth B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Stayed one night and wished it had been longer. We had a large uniquely designed room which felt really different, natural wood and a huge bed - it reminded me of west Texas, such a relief after all the standard rooms around in hotels now. The pub is beautiful and intimate with a garden by a stream and meadow where in full sunshine on a gorgeous terrace we were lucky enough to have one of the best breakfasts ever. The bed was superb. The evening meal - just fantastic - and a menu which was so tempting and varied that we have to go back one day. How anyone could give this place less than full marks is beyond me. Where else do you get a fridge in your room with complimentary sparkling water, fresh milk, and juice? The staff were good too. The room was a bit too hot at night - a fan would have been great - but that's a minor point in the overall picture!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Great food, great staff, great value....that's it really!!! I went there with friends/family. The menu was very varied and interesting. We all had bubble and squeak with beautiful home cooked ham, it was described as 'light lunch' it was enormous and very tasty.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank LindaForde
Reviewed May 15, 2014

We visited on an evening when staff were thin on the ground in the kitchen (only one chef) and were delighted with every aspect of our meal. The menu is cleverly compiled, with a selection of tapas available in addition to starters and mains. This gives the diner a wider and more interesting choice of options. The standard of cooking was superb - in particular a zarzuela ( Spanish seafood, pepper and tomato stew: a dish which you'd have a real job to find in this country, let alone in a pub dining room. It was wonderful! Lovely staff and a nice ambience overall.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ASnorbens
Reviewed May 7, 2014

My sister in law and I stayed here for 2 nights at the end of Apr. We had the rooms called Rother and Courtyard, both were very roomy and very different from each other. Both had Nesspresso m/c's as well as fresh milk in the fridge which also complimentary water and juice. The staff and landlady were very charming and helpful as soon as we arrived we were shown to our rooms. Dinner on both nights was excellant and not too expensive, the servings were more than adequate and you were asked aout the time you would like your breakfast served the following morning which was all cooked to order while you had the cereal of your choice. The 2 dogs and cats were adorable too, all liking a bit of fuss.

Room Tip: The Courtyard room was at the back of the pub and therefore less traffic noise from the road. The Co...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 22, 2014

An overnight stay here, while attending a private function in nearby Petworth, was a very pleasant surprise. The charming landlady has thought of everything, her rooms are comfortable and well appointed, all the staff welcoming and friendly. Our room, the Rother, named after the river which runs by the property, was very clean and fitted with everything one could wish for. The bed was extremely comfortable, linens fresh and excellent quality, and the large spacious bathroom quite delightful. There was plenty of hot water and no problems with the pressure. Breakfast, served in a charming room, with attentive but well-trained dogs sitting by the warm, open fireside, felt like being in someone's home, not a pub. The food quality was excellent, coffee delicious and home-made preserves a nice touch. This is a lovely place to stay and highly recommended.

Room Tip: Each of the three rooms is quite individual. All are a good size and very well appointed with a Robe...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

What an excellent pub and b&b. superb service from friendly staff and owner. Excellent room. Even had an espresso machine in your room. Food was excellent also. If you want a beautiful relaxing place to stay, this is it. On the river rother in West Sussex, surrounded by the wooded downs.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank phillipghunt
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed for one night when in the area on business. Welcomed by excellent staff and shown to my room. Fantastic room which had everything including a fridge, so real not uht milk!, Nespresso coffee machine and even a Robertson DAB radio. Lovely comfortable bed, huge bathroom with corner bath and walk in shower. Only snag with room was the shower pressure was very low and when I mentioned it later the staff already knew but had forgoten to tell me! Shame! Any way it was still sufficient to wash under so no problem in the end. I ate in the retaurant and the food service and choice of beers was excellent. There was a table of 6 near me who were making a little more noise than I wanted to put up with, I mentioned this to 1 of the waitresses and she was more than happy to move me to a quieter table round the corner. I was away to work early (3.00am) in the morning and requested a packed lunch instead of breakfast only to be asked at what time I would be finished. I said I would finish my first appointment by 10.00 and was told that my breakfast would be served in the dinning room at 10.00. I arrived for breakfast at 10.00 and had an excellent cooked brakfast, then spent the rest of the morning in the corner with a pot of tea while I worked and the owners got everything ready for lunch trade. I was never made to feal as though I should leave and was disapointed that I had a nother appointment to go to or I might still have been there now.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Neal T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Petworth
The Spread Eagle Hotel & Spa
#4 of 17 in Petworth
The Old Railway Station
The Old Railway Station
#1 of 17 in Petworth

Been to Badgers B&B? Share your experiences!