I ate at the Stonemasons Arms on the night of April 26th 2014. I was a bit sceptical at first when I was told we would be eating there after reading some of the reviews on here. We arrived and were show straight to our table and ordered some drinks, while we waited for the drinks to arrive I studied the menu.
This consists of some good old fashioned pub grub favourites, along with some other more interesting sounding options. I opted for the deep friend camembert followed by an 8oz burger with cheese and bacon for main. To put it bluntly the quality of the food here is very good indeed. The burger came with onion rings as well and was very nicely presented, I could taste the quality of the ground beef and seasoning.. Not sure how they cooked the chips but they tasted superb. I was in a party of 11 and everyone else said how good the food was. I didn't see what everyone had but some of us had the Sussex Lamb and said it was good, and also hand carved gammon. Service was quick and attentive.
There were a number of choices of Ale to be had, which were served properly at room temperature. There weren't many people eating or drinking on for a Saturday night which surprised me. Some people might look at the menu and think the food is expensive for a burger and chips, but this is very high quality pub grub indeed. We will certainly be back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A traditional and beautiful 17th century Inn, nestling on the edge of the South Downs national park and opposite Petworth House,provides the perfect place to stop for high quality locally sourced food, a renowned range of real ales and lovely accommodation facilities. Children and dog-friendly and fully accessible, we look forard to welcoming new and old friends alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your The Stonemasons Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stonemasons Hotel Petworth
- The Stonemasons Inn Petworth, West Sussex