booked this as a last minute day off of work. Great. All the rooms were occupied but we found it very peaceful and surprisingly the room wasn't hot despite all this hot weather.Cheerful reception with the offer of complimentary tea or coffee. Breakfast was wonderful, on the platform, cooked to order, attentive but not rushed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Widely acclaimed as Britain's most beautiful railway station, Petworth's former train station is now one of the country's most unusual destination hotels. Step back in time and enjoy a romantic and unique break in one of our restored Pullman railway carriages or stay in the old Station House. In summer, enjoy our fine breakfast on the platform, overlooking our exotic garden or, in winter, by a roaring fire in our former Waiting Room, with its 20ft vaulted ceiling.The Old Railway Station has something for every discerning traveller, looking for something different. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Old Railway Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Railway Station Hotel Petworth
- Old Railway Station
- The Old Railway Station Petworth, West Sussex