stayed here for a weekend. Quite isolated, therefore nice and quiet. Accommodation was exquisite. Comfortable bed, everywhere clean, lots of choice in tea and coffees and a full sized kettle. The breakfast in the morning was enough to set you up for the day. Full English with proper teapots. This was served in what was the waiting room. Again staff very friendly and helpful.
Very handy for Goodwood and Chichester, in fact there are lots of places to visit all within reach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Widely acclaimed as Britain's most beautiful railway station, Petworth's former train station is now one of the country's most unusual destination hotels. Step back in time and enjoy a romantic and unique break in one of our restored Pullman railway carriages or stay in the old Station House. In summer, enjoy our fine breakfast on the platform, overlooking our exotic garden or, in winter, by a roaring fire in our former Waiting Room, with its 20ft vaulted ceiling.The Old Railway Station has something for every discerning traveller, looking for something different. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Old Railway Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Railway Station Hotel Petworth
- Old Railway Station
- The Old Railway Station Petworth, West Sussex