I really would like to give it 5 and I do believe writing a review quickly after a return to give the most accurate opionions
Unique B&B in the UK if not the world
Romantic and lovely accommodation in the refurbed Pulman carriages (my wife said it made her feel like a movies star from the 30's)
Lovely and clean (ignore negative comments re cobwebs, too much 4 in a bed!!)
Beds, pillows and furnishing immaculate and comfortable.
Good TV and WiFi actually worked, you would be amazed where it doesnt!
Breakfast, tasty unhurried (that
does NOT mean slow) and even a couple of veggie choices.
Lovely rural setting in the heart of the South downs national park.
Breakfast cook/receptionist and waitress lovely.
Negatives (this is picky)
Owner greeted us but did not offer to take luggage ( small overnight bags to carriage I would normally assume this in a B&B costing £200 per night). He seemed a bit distracted and did not recognize us as former guests. Up the customer welcome "ante".
Some carriages need some EXTERNAL Tlc and vegetation clearing, although I would accept this is the end of the summer in the UK.
Overall, been before and would stay again and recommend. Come on Goodmund you can get the AA's funkiest hotel award (currently "2nd and bookings.com 10!!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Widely acclaimed as Britain's most beautiful railway station, Petworth's former train station is now one of the country's most unusual destination hotels. Step back in time and enjoy a romantic and unique break in one of our restored Pullman railway carriages or stay in the old Station House. In summer, enjoy our fine breakfast on the platform, overlooking our exotic garden or, in winter, by a roaring fire in our former Waiting Room, with its 20ft vaulted ceiling.The Old Railway Station has something for every discerning traveller, looking for something different. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your The Old Railway Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Railway Station Hotel Petworth
- Old Railway Station
- The Old Railway Station Petworth, West Sussex