“Great second visit”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lower Beeding
Windsor
“Great second visit”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

This was the second time we had stayed at the Cisswood House Hotel. We asked for the same room and we were given it.
We enjoy using the swimming pool and jacuzzi.
This time we ordered food from the bar and the food was good and portion sizes were generous.
This is a lovely hotel for a relaxing break.
We enjoy visiting Horsham when we stay here.
We will return!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AnnieWindsor
Vikki M, General Manager at Cisswood House, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Anniewindsor

It was so lovely to read a review from a regular visitor to the hotel and I am delighted you enjoy your stays with us and will be returning on your next visit to Horsham.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I booked this hotel as a night way for me and my friend. I got it as a deal through one of those deal websites. I liked the location as it was out in the country and that's what we wanted. The staff are helpful and friendly. My friend was ill on the night as he had migraines and staff were very sympathetic and helpful. As he was ill, we only managed to get through the starters and had to cancel the mains. I had the mussels and I have to say this was disappointing. There were mussels served which were still closed and anyone who eats mussels knows those aren't the good ones!!! The room itself was huge! The bed was really comfy with fluffy pillows and a warm snugly duvet. TV had great selection of channels. I went outside in the night and the sky was amazing!!! The stars were so bright and clear in the night sky. We opted to have breakfast in our room. Breakfast was nice, good selection. Check out was easy. Overall a great stay.

2 Thank rachelp30
Dear Tejal

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here at Cisswood House, I do hope your friend made a full recovery from his migraine quickly.
I apologise that your Mussels were not up to standard but I was pleased to hear you had a most enjoyable stay overall and I hope that we have an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay, guest feedback is so important to us.
Horsham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I organised a surprise night away for my husband and was not disappointed! Hotel staff were great at keeping my secret and he didn't know until we got to reception. I went down earlier than check in to drop our bags off and the ladies on reception were lovely. Shown to our room where we had complimentary slippers and dressing gowns, the room was big, clean, warm and beautiful. The four poster bed was the most comfortable bed Ive ever slept on!! We used the hot tub and the sauna which were basic but great. The afternoon tea was lovely although we had to send the pot of tea back as it was only luke warm but the staff sorted this immediately. Dinner in the restaurant was good, staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast in bed was large and hot which was nice. Overall a great little trip and will definitely go again. Well done x

Room Tip: We had room 30 and it was quiet, big and the bed I wanted to bring it home!!
1 Thank Sue S
Dear Sue

Thank you for taking the time out to write your review of Cisswood House Hotel.
I was delighted to read what a lovely time you had with us and glad it was a wonderful surprise for your husband.
Room 30 is a lovely room and I thank you for your kind words about my team they were very pleased to read them also.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Many thanks once again.
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Decor dated, paintwork scuffed and dirty in places, in urgent need of refurb, I have stayed on 2separate occasions, Food on one of the nights I was there was dreadful - risotto with asparagus and balsamic - the latter was overpowering - never ate there again in the evening, Breakfast mediocre, Pool - very 1960s, Rooms - not enough light to work by, I asked to change the first room I was given on one stay as the lighting was so bad, Staff were mostly very pleasant - but on some occasions both evening and breakfast there were no staff to be found

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

I was disappointed to read your comments with regards to your stay with us back in September.
I have never had it mentioned to me in the past that the lighting in the rooms is not enough to work by and so I apologise you found this difficult during your time with us.
Painting within the hotel corridors took place at the end of September through to the beginning of October.
I am sorry you did not enjoy the risotto dish on our menu and I will raise your comments with my Head Chef.
I find it quite concerning you mentioned there were no staff around during breakfast service and evening meal service times as there is always a duty manager on shift with at least one additional member of staff.
I thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor it is only with both positive and negative comments we can continue to improve and strive to provide consistently excellent guest experiences.

Travelers are raving about these Lower Beeding hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 28, 2013

we had our wedding here in august and would recommend this place in a heart beat. the staff are incredibly friendly and take customer service to a whole new level and let me say that i am very picky and can be a real pain with regard to details and my expectations and they could not do for us and made our wedding day the best it could be.Nicky and Vicky and there staff are premier league when it comes to ensuring everything is done smoothly and is perfect.As for the hotel itself it is such a beautiful old fashioned hotel with all the associated quirks and comfort.we are going back for christmas and can't wait.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mark

Thank you for your kind words, it was mine and the teams pleasure to host your special day at Cisswood and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again.

The team were delighted to read your review as was I and to know we made your day the best it could be is fabulous to hear.
Kent
Reviewed November 25, 2013

After booking a deal with this hotel I chose a room upgrade with the hotel direct on booking for a four poster bed. On arrival they told my partner that it was a four poster room. It was supposed to be a surprise. The room was a little grubby round the edges the lights had cobwebs and dust on them. The room was small and unfortunately not really worth the money.
The food was good and the staff fantastic. But I probably wont hurry back. Sorry

1 Thank POOLGUY1
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and I am pleased to read there were positives to your stay here at Cisswood House and thank you for your kind words about my team.

I apologise that the cleanliness of your room was not up to our normal high standards and this has been addressed with my head housekeeper.

I am sorry you felt that the room was not worth the upgrade fee you had paid, had this have been raised with my Duty manager at the time we would have been more than happy to show you some alternative bedrooms to choose from.
Croydon, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2013

There are some very nice things about this hotel. Firstly the staff are all polite and helpful. The location and character of the hotel are great. The swimming pool, gym, jacuzzi and sauna were all good. And the menu offered at the restaurant was excellent - everything I ate was lovely - although the meals were a little dry at the edges from waiting on a hot plate.

Unfortunately though there were quite a few negatives:

- I feel that we paid a LOT for our room. £169 for a room only - no breakfast included. Have seen other reviews saying that they were offered an upgrade on arrival, free bottle house wine, free spa treatments etc. Felt a bit ripped off.
- When I arrived the first thing I noticed was that the disabled parking area was well signed but then from there all access was via stairs. There may have been an accessible entrance somewhere but that wasn't signed from the parking area. No lift and small corridors (it's an old building) mean that I wouldn't recommend for wheelchair users.
- No mobile phone signal. We had left our young children with godparents and felt very nervous not being contactable. Would have been good to have known in advance.
- As I unpacked my suitcases I heard a couple having sex next door. Thin walls. Not a great start.
- In the shower there was blood in between the tiles. It made me think that someone might have been murdered in there. It came off easily which made me wonder how well the rooms are cleaned.
- Selected continental breakfast - mainly because it offered a platter of cold meat and cheese in addition to cereal, toast, pastries and fruit. When I asked where the platter was I was told by a young waitress "Oh we don't do that anymore. I suppose we should take it off the menu shouldn't we, giggle giggle."

If you can get a good deal and need somewhere near Gatwick to stay then it's perfectly adequate. But for a romantic break save your money and pick a nice B&B.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade
1 Thank Jo B
Dear Jo B

Thank you for taking the time to review Cisswood House hotel, I am delighted to read your positive comments as I am sure my team will be.

The reviews you have seen here where free bottles of wine, free treatments etc have been included – these are not as you say free they have been purchased as part of an offer we ran sometime ago in which Wine when taking dinner in our Restaurant and two 25 minute treatments where included – the guests then had a limited time to purchase and use their voucher.

We do have disabled access ramps which can be put in place for use by our guests and as you know disabled parking is located at reception enabling us to call upon the team to place the portable ramps when needed. As you quite rightly say our building is not new and we have to work with the footprint we have – our disabled rooms have their own access and again are located close to reception.

All bedrooms are equipped with direct dial telephones, and our staff would have been happy to locate you within the hotel had we received calls for you.

I have asked my Head Housekeeper to deep clean all of our bathrooms and can only apologise that our cleanliness was not up to scratch on this occasion – further training has been implemented to avoid any repeat of this situation.

In regards to breakfast, again further training has been instigated in regards to the items that we have available on our breakfast menu – we do offer cheese and meat plates for those guests selecting a continental breakfast and I thank you for bringing this to my attention.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lower Beeding
Crowne Plaza Felbridge Hotel
Crowne Plaza Felbridge Hotel
#2 of 4 in East Grinstead
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,231 reviews

Been to Cisswood House? Share your experiences!