My husband and I stayed at South Lodge on Good Friday (I know I'm late writing a review but better late than never!). We stayed in a junior suite which overlooked the beautiful gardens and views of the stunning Sussex! Had we bought suitable footwear, we would have taken a walk around the extensive grounds and picked flowers as suggested by the hotel and put them in the vase supplied in the room. The suite was very large and beautifully decorated. The bathroom was also large and well equipped. The TV at the end of the bath was a nice touch and the shower could accommodate a small party! We ate in The Pass restaurant and had the taster menu with the wine flight. This was a good choice as both of us drank wines we were not familiar with. The whole evening's experience was fantastic and the food amazing. This was our first experience of Michelin star-rated food and hopefully not the last! The restaurant staff could not have been more helpful or informative. The next morning we had breakfast in our room. There was more than enough to eat and it was a shame we could not have eaten it on our patio but the weather was far too chilly. Although this was my first overnight stay, I have visited the hotel on two previous occasions for afternoon teas. We will certainly be returning!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Winner of the Gold Award for 'Large Hotel of the Year' at the Beautiful South Awards 2015, South Lodge is less than an hour from Central London and nestles amongst 93 acres of stunning woodland and parkland. A magnificent, former family country house - it's the perfect place to relax and unwind whilst indulging yourself with fine wine, gourmet food and unbeatable horizons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your South Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Hotel Lower Beeding
- South Lodge Hotel Lower Beeding, West Sussex, England