A well run hotel that is organised around a number of cosy rooms with real fires and live music. We went there for our Christmas lunch, which started with a family portrait in the lobby. Lunch was served in a spacious hallway with a good selection of cold starters and very tasty carvery. The rolled turkey leg was fantastic. The dessert station looked like a scene from a spaghetti western by the time we arrived, and could have been kept looking fresher for a bit longer. We retreated to the lounge to open some presents and have an afternoon tea. Santa was a very friendly man, but he had been wandering around half cut for most of the day and was completely cut by tea time. His beard had slipped to the side of his face, revealing his black hair and I don't remember Santa ever wearing Dennis Norden spectacles, so a little more money spent on authenticity would have gone down well, although he was telling some good jokes. All in all, a very enjoyable day. Clearly, a lot of effort had been made to create a warm and hospitable atmosphere, by people who had given up their own Christmas day to work, but a bit more attention to detail would have made it perfect, and well worth the £104 per head.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Winner of the Gold Award for 'Large Hotel of the Year' at the Beautiful South Awards 2015, South Lodge is less than an hour from Central London and nestles amongst 93 acres of stunning woodland and parkland. A magnificent, former family country house - it's the perfect place to relax and unwind whilst indulging yourself with fine wine, gourmet food and unbeatable horizons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your South Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Hotel Lower Beeding
- South Lodge Hotel Lower Beeding, West Sussex, England