I stayed at this hotel as part of a corporate day with activities and evening entertainments with a nights stay. The original part of the hotel looks pretty from the outside, it has nice gardens and good views, but 2 new extensions on either side of the main building spoil the character.
I was expecting a really nice stay, but what I received I can only describe as average considering the cost. My room was OK, absolutely nothing special and if anything was tired.
The food at dinner was just a typical mass-catering affair, minimalist and contemporary dishes but nothing outstanding or memorable. The service in general is what I would expect from a 3-4 star hotel, I could see nothing to warrant anything better.
I would not want to spend my own money at this hotel, as I feel it is considerably overpriced and poor value, but then it seems to attract lots of middle-aged golfers so perhaps they know their target market.....not me thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Winner of the Gold Award for 'Large Hotel of the Year' at the Beautiful South Awards 2015, South Lodge is less than an hour from Central London and nestles amongst 93 acres of stunning woodland and parkland. A magnificent, former family country house - it's the perfect place to relax and unwind whilst indulging yourself with fine wine, gourmet food and unbeatable horizons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your South Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Hotel Lower Beeding
- South Lodge Hotel Lower Beeding, West Sussex, England