“Lovely Pub, Great Staff”
Review of The Crabtree

The Crabtree
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 23, 2013

A friend and I visited the pub last night. The restaurant was fully booked so we had a bottle of wine in the cosy little bar. As time went on my friend and I decided that we would ask if we could get a cheese platter to eat in the bar from the restaurant menu - they do have an extensive bar menu but we decided cheese would be the order of the evening with our lovely red wine. The barman was friendly,knowledgable about the wine list and extremely professional and was happy to assist with our request. Tom who works in the restaurant came over the with cheeseboard and gave detailed descriptions of all the cheese on offer which were all English and some made just down the road. We decided to try them all and of course another bottle of wine then had to be ordered. We had a great evening lounging on the sofa, grazing on our platter, catching up and supping good wine, and we didn't miss having a full blown meal at all although I am definitely going to come back for dinner one day soon. At the end of the night the barman knew we were staying at Cisswood house, asked Tom to drive us home which was above and beyond helpful. Really looking forward to returning.

1  Thank mlc60

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We had a birthday bash at the Crabtree for 11 in the conservatory, the food and service were just spot on. very reasonably priced, we will be going back.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Tasty food, good beer, good cider, excellent service. We had a really lovely lunch at the Crabtree and would recommend. The wooden extension/conservatory is really lovely and the gardens also look great for eating outside.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I went to this pub with my Sunday lunch group and had never heard of the place before so was not expecting anything special. I went on to have the best Sunday roast beef I have ever had in my life and I was not alone. There were ten of us on the table and whatever food people had chosen, it was first rate and raved about. I rarely take the time while I am at a restaurant to seek out the manager and offer my sincere congratulations but I did on this occasion. He was an enthusiastic young man who was very pleased to hear that the food and the service was first rate and hoped we would return. We most certainly will. Even though it is quite a trek from Brighton and Hove it is worth the journey. 10/10!!!!!!

1  Thank Robsurmer
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We had been meaning to try The Crabtree for ages, so many friends had recommended it, we just never seem to get there, and we only live 15 minutes away! Anyway we are glad we at last made it.

The service was first class, from the young lady that greeted us on arrival to the guy behind the bar to our waitress. I can not fault it.

The menu was just right, the food delicious and the choice of wine (recommended by the bar man) great.

All in all a great place to eat and drink - we shall be returning and recommending to others

1  Thank Luv2TravelSussex